XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock N4 Randomly restarting

Tip us?

Ajxx16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Stock N4 Randomly restarting

As the title says my nexus 4 just started rebooting out of no where, while one the phone, in an app, doesnt really seem to have a pateren.. I believe it started when she got the 4.4 update and now has 4.4.2. anyone els experience this issue? I think im going to try a factory reset to see if that helps. any input would be appreciated.

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajxx16 View Post
As the title says my nexus 4 just started rebooting out of no where, while one the phone, in an app, doesnt really seem to have a pateren.. I believe it started when she got the 4.4 update and now has 4.4.2. anyone els experience this issue? I think im going to try a factory reset to see if that helps. any input would be appreciated.
Are you rooted? If so and you have a custom recovery, I would do the factory reset via the recovery, that way you should still have your apps. If not, then you will lose everything and have to start from scratch.

Could be due to one of two things or a combination of things. One is a hardware issue, which I hope isn't the case. I would check the apps first before resetting, then do the reset. If it continues, try re-flashing the stock image. If after that and you're still having problems, going to 4.4, or 4.3 since it started with 4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

Ajxx16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Are you rooted? If so and you have a custom recovery, I would do the factory reset via the recovery, that way you should still have your apps. If not, then you will lose everything and have to start from scratch.

Could be due to one of two things or a combination of things. One is a hardware issue, which I hope isn't the case. I would check the apps first before resetting, then do the reset. If it continues, try re-flashing the stock image. If after that and you're still having problems, going to 4.4, or 4.3 since it started with 4.4.

Its bone stock, ill have to take a look at her apps just to check whats up there but i doubt thats a culprit. I may be wrong but if I flash stock ota update it wont delete the user data and storage correct?

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajxx16 View Post
Its bone stock, ill have to take a look at her apps just to check whats up there but i doubt thats a culprit. I may be wrong but if I flash stock ota update it wont delete the user data and storage correct?
If you flash stock, it WILL wipe out everything unfortunately. If you at the least had an unlocked bootloader, you could have flashed the ota.zip and kept everything intact.

HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2

Ajxx16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
[QUOTE=Berrydroidcafe;48767505]If you flash stock, it WILL wipe out everything unfortunately. If you at the least had an unlocked bootloader, you could have flashed the ota.zip and kept everything intact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)[/QUOTE

And unlocking the BL wipes it as well correct?

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
[QUOTE=Ajxx16;48769952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
If you flash stock, it WILL wipe out everything unfortunately. If you at the least had an unlocked bootloader, you could have flashed the ota.zip and kept everything intact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)[/QUOTE

And unlocking the BL wipes it as well correct?
Yep!

HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2