Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stock nexus 4 stuck on boot "X" animation after OTA update to 4.4

Tip us?

xxxxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] stock nexus 4 stuck on boot "X" animation after OTA update to 4.4

i have a stock nexus 4 bought last year from a relative, when they tried to do an OTA update to (i think 4.4) it restarted and gave an error with the android being open in the middle. After restarting the phone it's been stuck in the "X" bootup screen

i tried to clear cache partition and that didn't work.
i got the android sdk and tried to connect it to the computer. it was recognized as an android bootable device in the device manager, but nothing shows up in the file manager, and when i tried to run the "adb device" command no devices show up.

i guess my question is, is there a way for me to pull the data from the phone first before i do the flashing? i heard that if i get rid of the "-w" in the flash-all.sh/flash-all.bat then it'll prevent the data wipe, is that also true?

thanks for the help!

krishnanmailbox1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
looks like u didnt install the drivers properly... update them first... or reinstall all the drivers... thankyou..

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xxxxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnanmailbox1 View Post
looks like u didnt install the drivers properly... update them first... or reinstall all the drivers... thankyou..

which driver? i also downloaded the google usb driver from android sdk and restarted computer a couple times

thanks

krishnanmailbox1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
After downloading sdk tools you need to install couple of drivers from sdk... Open sdk and check onece if you have drivers installed properly

xxxxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnanmailbox1 View Post
After downloading sdk tools you need to install couple of drivers from sdk... Open sdk and check onece if you have drivers installed properly

yeah, i did that and installed the usb driver, but it only shows up in device manager as "other device" and i can't access it. I guess i'll just factory reset and lose all my data haha... next time i'll know to always back up

xxxxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i ended up unlocking the phone with

>>fastboot oem unlock

then ran the flash-all.bat file(on windows) and flashed it to 4.3 and it works now (no problems for now..)