5,600,053 Members 42,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**Stock phone - OTA upgrade to 4.4.x - stuck on Google Logo!!!

Tip us?

greenzellybean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default **Stock phone - OTA upgrade to 4.4.x - stuck on Google Logo!!!

Hi all,

I searched this forum and didn't see any solution so posting for help!

my Nexus 4 - which came with stock 4.3 (build - JWR66Y).
I rooted it loaded TWRP...
it worked fine for all these days.

I just upgraded to Kitkat 4.4 and that screwed up everything....I upgraded.. and off course rebooted and the phone is stuck on Google logo..
nothing happens..

Anyone who tried different options to get this to work...please help....

appreciate your response.

Fusquinha77
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Same here. Had to flash stock 4.4 image to get my device alive again.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

greenzellybean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Can you please let me know how you flashed stock 4.4 image?
I mean the steps you followed please...
Also did you just install the zip file once you extracted from google's .tgz file or did you have to even wipe out TWRP?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusquinha77 View Post
Same here. Had to flash stock 4.4 image to get my device alive again.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzellybean View Post
Can you please let me know how you flashed stock 4.4 image?
I mean the steps you followed please...
Also did you just install the zip file once you extracted from google's .tgz file or did you have to even wipe out TWRP?

thanks
Factory images cannot be flashed using recovery. You have to use ADB for that. Here is a guide of the whole process.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpborjav
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This happened to me too, and I thought going back to 4.3 was the answer so I flashed stock 4.3 and now its the same. Im downloading 4.4 stock now. Im worry that it wont work. Any ideas?

greenzellybean
Old
(Last edited by greenzellybean; 8th December 2013 at 07:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpborjav View Post
This happened to me too, and I thought going back to 4.3 was the answer so I flashed stock 4.3 and now its the same. Im downloading 4.4 stock now. Im worry that it wont work. Any ideas?
Thanks arffrhn...I was able to get back to 4.3 stock and was able to gradually upgrade from there to 4.4.1

Here are the steps I followed.

when I was stuck at Google logo...I was still able to get into fastboot and TWRP etc..

I downloaded 4.3 and 4.4 builds from Google Developer site ( Link)
I unzipped them including zips with the main tar file...
followed instructions in the guide linked by arffrhn below (section D from the guide)
when I got to flashing boot loader it FAILED.....
error: not the same image...etc...

note when you go into fastboot using vol+power button check out your Product name, bootloader version and baseband version.....
mine was MAKOZ20i version # 2.0.1700.84, so I had to use the mirror site linked on the guide (section D again) to download an older stock build (which referenced my build number)....extracted files from this build
followed the steps again as mentioned on the guide.....
I was able to get back to stock 4.3

from there Google updates you to next version of 4.3 ..after reboot it will start upgrading you to 4.4.1

you may have some hassle with SuperSU....you are better off with downloading the zip file from the guide and installing it through TWRP.

note: I was not able t get TWRP working after upgrading to 4.4.1.....it gives me "No command" error ...I tried to fastboot TWRP multipl times but that didnt help.....

jpborjav
Old
(Last edited by jpborjav; 9th December 2013 at 02:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenzellybean View Post
Thanks arffrhn...I was able to get back to 4.3 stock and was able to gradually upgrade from there to 4.4.1

Here are the steps I followed.

when I was stuck at Google logo...I was still able to get into fastboot and TWRP etc..

I downloaded 4.3 and 4.4 builds from Google Developer site ( Link)
I unzipped them including zips with the main tar file...
followed instructions in the guide linked by arffrhn below (section D from the guide)
when I got to flashing boot loader it FAILED.....
error: not the same image...etc...

note when you go into fastboot using vol+power button check out your Product name, bootloader version and baseband version.....
mine was MAKOZ20i version # 2.0.1700.84, so I had to use the mirror site linked on the guide (section D again) to download an older stock build (which referenced my build number)....extracted files from this build
followed the steps again as mentioned on the guide.....
I was able to get back to stock 4.3

from there Google updates you to next version of 4.3 ..after reboot it will start upgrading you to 4.4.1

you may have some hassle with SuperSU....you are better off with downloading the zip file from the guide and installing it through TWRP.

note: I was not able t get TWRP working after upgrading to 4.4.1.....it gives me "No command" error ...I tried to fastboot TWRP multipl times but that didnt help.....
Well mine is MAKOZ30d and M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.97 that correspond to the KRT16S build. I already did the whole process in the guid and even did went to recovery after flashing and wipe the phone to factory like in the note says. Still no luck.

I tried flashing JWR66V to get MAKOZ20i version # 2.0.1700.84 but in fastboot still says MAKOZ30d and M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.97.

jpborjav
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is anyone reading this thread or should I make a new one! Im stuck! I got the phone to JWR66Y and the bootloader is MAKOZ20i with radio # 2.0.1700.84.
I cleared the cache, reset to factory after flashing and nothing! Still on the X Logo! Yesterday i left it like 30mins on the logo and nothing.

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpborjav View Post
Is anyone reading this thread or should I make a new one! Im stuck! I got the phone to JWR66Y and the bootloader is MAKOZ20i with radio # 2.0.1700.84.
I cleared the cache, reset to factory after flashing and nothing! Still on the X Logo! Yesterday i left it like 30mins on the logo and nothing.
How did you update to jwr66y? Have you tried flashing factory images after you got stuck?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3

evdrmr
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Factory images always help...especially when you don't know what you do.
https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#occam

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app