[Q] Storage issues

OP brahmaboba

14th May 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Nexus 4, rooted, CM, gravity box.

I want to update to CM11 M6 but I can't get my phone to make a nandroid (using ClockworkMod) because I keep getting an error basically saying I have insufficient storage. These are the steps I take:
  • Backup using titanium
  • Go into recovery
  • Backup using ClockworkMod

It's at this point where it lists backing up the system, but then it gets hung up backing up the data card. I have tried to go back in and delete everything I could possibly think of (w/out wiping the whole thing) but to no avail. I have cleared my cashe and even deleted the titanium backup which was around 1gb and still no dice.

Attached are some screenshots that may be helpful. There has to be something hidden but I just don't know where to look for it. I tried to install DiskUsage but I can't since I don't have enough room. How do I clear up this phone?! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-08-31-55.png
Views:	26
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2743357

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-08-32-58.png
Views:	20
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	2743358

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-08-36-07.png
Views:	21
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	2743359
14th May 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 177

888 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmaboba

Nexus 4, rooted, CM, gravity box.

I want to update to CM11 M6 but I can't get my phone to make a nandroid (using ClockworkMod) because I keep getting an error basically saying I have insufficient storage. These are the steps I take:

• Backup using titanium
  • Go into recovery
  • Backup using ClockworkMod

It's at this point where it lists backing up the system, but then it gets hung up backing up the data card. I have tried to go back in and delete everything I could possibly think of (w/out wiping the whole thing) but to no avail. I have cleared my cashe and even deleted the titanium backup which was around 1gb and still no dice.

Attached are some screenshots that may be helpful. There has to be something hidden but I just don't know where to look for it. I tried to install DiskUsage but I can't since I don't have enough room. How do I clear up this phone?! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Attachment 2743357

Attachment 2743358

Attachment 2743359

You need at least 3GB of free space to make CWM able to create backup... but you won't find that backup in /sdcard/cloclworkmod folder it's in /storage/emulated/blablabla or something like that and you won't be able to get access there from your computer
14th May 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkourz

You need at least 3GB of free space to make CWM able to create backup... but you won't find that backup in /sdcard/cloclworkmod folder it's in /storage/emulated/blablabla or something like that and you won't be able to get access there from your computer

Ok, I'm not sure I understand. I'm in the emulated folder and went into the clockworkmod folder and keep descending and come to just 1 file that is just 7.63mb called "recovery-clockwork-....img". This can't be the solution, can it?
14th May 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 177

888 posts
More
try in /storage/emulated/legacy/clockworkmod... or flash TWRP instead of CWM... if both won't help then you can try to make a backup with toolkit for PC, for example Wug's toolkit
14th May 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 937

1,157 posts
More
Twrp is showing the backup size and a poseibility to compress it. You probably have much apps or there is some .something fokder what is using much or much cache just like on an desktop. Many things can cause it.
You may want to checkout what is using so much by deleting old folders from old apps or old things yiu dint use anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread