Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

swipe or double tap to unlock

Tip us?

blue_algae
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default swipe or double tap to unlock

My power button is starting to fail. What ROM do you recommend that has swipe or double tap to unlock? Also, how is the battery consumption on those?

Any suggestion too in powering the phone without holding the power button? Like say holding the volume button before plugging in the charger would make it boot. Is there anything like that?

I am currently unrooted and using stock (just got updated too). Any thoughts is appreciated.

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Thanks Meter 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_algae View Post
My power button is starting to fail. What ROM do you recommend that has swipe or double tap to unlock? Also, how is the battery consumption on those?

Any suggestion too in powering the phone without holding the power button? Like say holding the volume button before plugging in the charger would make it boot. Is there anything like that?

I am currently unrooted and using stock (just got updated too). Any thoughts is appreciated.
Mahdi ROM is good, and boot level hardware remapping is almost impossible and would require reconfiguring the wires. Sorry bro

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

XDA Banner

blue_algae
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks! Does it have built in swipe to unlock?

TheKnux
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Q&A bro.

Sent from my 1961 XP-755

blue_algae
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux View Post
Q&A bro.

Sent from my 1961 XP-755
Oh right.. Mods, please could you move to proper section? Sorry about it. Thank you.

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24103
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_algae View Post

This does not belong in the Development Section, please read the Forum Rules on posting. Thank you and moved here....

kittuboy
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
I use Hellscore, and it has swipe to lock/unlock. Quite simple to use too. And as for the power-on part, that would require rewiring the phone itself. IMHO it would be cheaper to get the faulty power button itself replaced.

blue_algae
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittuboy View Post
I use Hellscore, and it has swipe to lock/unlock. Quite simple to use too. And as for the power-on part, that would require rewiring the phone itself. IMHO it would be cheaper to get the faulty power button itself replaced.
Yea, I would like to have it replaced too but I'm on a long term volunteering work outside my country and I can't leave for the next 9 months, hence the question. I don't trust the courier too so yea.. Anyhow, I remember back in my myTouch 4G days after installing custom recovery it would power on whenever I plug it. It turns out as a bug on the new recovery which was quickly patch on the next version. I never thought I would want a bug on my phone this bad. Haha

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions!

i2k13
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just fix the button bro.
if you're here on XDA you probably love your N4, you should fix it, shouldn't be a very expensive fix.
Nexus 4 White
4.4.2 Stock + Xposed + Franco.Kernel