Terrible notification delay

OP xda_emanuel

29th January 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111

371 posts
More
Guys, im currently on android 4.4.2 (catalysm rom) I've a significant delay notification while screen off, when i turn off the screen the notifications magically comes out. How to fix it??? I've tried everything, flash the stock image, flash a kernel with prima drivers, turn off wifi optimization, changed radio from .98 to .97, did some test on wifi file changes like alot thread say, but nothing, still have this problem, does somebody have found a fix? Please any help is really appreciated.
29th January 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
yo've tried to go back to stock using wug's toolkit ....when you do this ,wug's toolkit wipes the hole memory chip and then install the bootloader ..system ...etc etc. how do you installed the stock?
29th January 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Maybe trying Push Notification Fixer from Play store?
29th January 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe13

yo've tried to go back to stock using wug's toolkit ....when you do this ,wug's toolkit wipes the hole memory chip and then install the bootloader ..system ...etc etc. how do you installed the stock?

Yeah this morning i reverted back stock using that toolkit but with no succes, i flashed the 4.4.2 image

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaschtlWaschtl

Maybe trying Push Notification Fixer from Play store?

Useless app, if my notification are not instant, the min heartbeat is 1 min so still have 1 min delay? Whats the point of that app. Useless for my problem
29th January 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
you have delay on every notification ...even on SMS ?
29th January 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_emanuel

Useless app, if my notification are not instant, the min heartbeat is 1 min so still have 1 min delay? Whats the point of that app. Useless for my problem

The App keep the connection for Push notification alive.. it is not the sync interval. Give it a try...
29th January 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe13

you have delay on every notification ...even on SMS ?

Nope, only istant messaging apps, like whatsapp, facebook messenger etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaschtlWaschtl

The App keep the connection for Push notification alive.. it is not the sync interval. Give it a try...

Already tried with no result. Thanks the same
10th February 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

371 posts
More
So guys, seems qualcoom is working on these issues. https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/exte...lan/prima/log/ Here you go. There are alot fixes on new prima drivers.
10th February 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 16

67 posts
I've noticed the same behavior ever since moving to 4.3 and 4.4 ROMs. But when I was on 4.2 ROMs, notifications were instantaneous.

My best example is w/ gmail. My credit card sends me an email whenever a transaction is made on my card. When I was on 4.2 ROMs the gmail notification pops up the moment I swipe my card. But when I moved to 4.3 ROMs and currently on 4.4, I'd have to turn my phone on, unlock the screen, and a few minutes later the notification would finally arrive. Some days i contemplate moving back to 4.2 ROMs cuz even my Google voice texts come in delayed as well.

I tried that app that was recommended but it didn't work for me. I still had to turn on my phone to get my gmail credit card notification. Guess my new habit of checking my phone every hour isn't going away. LoL.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
I notice this ussue sometimes with whatsapp. Then im getting like a hundred messages at once when i wake my nexus up. But i can't reproduce it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread