Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So about the thermal throttling

Tip us?
 
GR36
Old
#21  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
Phone gets hot but not loads. And seems to go quick

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352923556529.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1481980   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352923574129.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1481981  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GR36
Old
#22  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352923745253.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1481986  
The Following User Says Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aDVnatgae
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 124
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Hi
1) can you also upload a picture of your battery under settings
('last time since you charged' that screen)


2) how is the call quality. Reviews say that it is bad.


Thx a lot
 
GR36
Old
#24  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDVnatgae View Post
Hi
1) can you also upload a picture of your battery under settings
('last time since you charged' that screen)


2) how is the call quality. Reviews say that it is bad.

Thx a lot
I have them on my phone, will upload when i have a few minutes. But battery is hmmmmmm a bit rubbish. about on par with stock GNex

Call quality of fine, but vibrates through the back of the phone for some reason. as t you can feel it on you finger.
speaker phone is rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BravoMotorola
Old
#25  
BravoMotorola's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 1,571
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
I have them on my phone, will upload when i have a few minutes. But battery is hmmmmmm a bit rubbish. about on par with stock GNex

Call quality of fine, but vibrates through the back of the phone for some reason. as t you can feel it on you finger.
speaker phone is rubbish.
Damn. All I can say is thats slightly disappointing

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
 
jb91
Old
#26  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 86
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
Phone gets hot but not loads. And seems to go quick

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
So this is pretty much the non-freezer result from anandtech. Which basically proves that even on the final device, this problem is not fixed. Definitely not gonna buy this phone now, unless Google / LG announces some kind of fix for this overheating.
The Following User Says Thank You to jb91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GR36
Old
#27  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb91 View Post
So this is pretty much the non-freezer result from anandtech. Which basically proves that even on the final device, this problem is not fixed. Definitely not gonna buy this phone now, unless Google / LG announces some kind of fix for this overheating.
It doesn't over heat. Its not as bad as the s3 I had

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
GR36
Old
#28  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMotorola View Post
Damn. All I can say is thats slightly disappointing

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Like I say about same as stock galaxy nexus. I good kernel would improve it. And I have mostly been online xda twitter etc. That's first full charge to

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352927108779.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1482102   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352927119220.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1482103  
 
GR36
Old
#29  
GR36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 578
Join Date: Apr 2011
The phone itself is amazing don't get me wrong. The design and zero lag at all anywhere. The screen is so responsive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to GR36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jb91
Old
#30  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 86
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
It doesn't over heat. Its not as bad as the s3 I had

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
It doesn't overheat, but that's just because it throttles down. The scores you just posted pretty much match exactly the non-freezer results from anandtech's performance review. Which proves there is a problem that no other phone has, or at least i've never heard of it on any other phone: Thermal throttling. That's why the benchmarks show way worse results, than what you would expect from this hardware.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes