5,604,219 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup cannot restore my data! help!

Tip us?

annoymous1234
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Titanium Backup cannot restore my data! help!

I flash to KitKat factory image from CM10.2 (wiped everything including my internal memory), and then I flash to CM11 nightly and use titanium backup to restore only my app data. and here is where the problem comes in, none of my data is restoring from Titanium, although it says data restore completed in titanium, it actually isn't. Every apps force close when I open it after restoring. After that if I restart my phone, those app that i restored will be disappeared from my app drawer, it didn't appear in settings -> app either, if i try to install again it won't install, only way is to manually search for the apk file through file manager and delete it. I cant restore anything from titanium backup! FYI, I only backup the data of the app, not including the apk, but after restoring the app force close and restarting my phone the whole app gone missing from my app drawer. I can't lose all my data. what can I do? please help

Another question, every time after u guys flash a new rom do u restore the old android ID or use new one in titanium backup?
I'm giving away 2.5GB of free space,
just click
here
Please hit thanks button if you find my post useful.

fredrik74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Latest update of TB has caused some issues for many people. For me, on some roms, it fc's when I click an app to restore. Try googling for an apk of a previous version, and see if the problem persists. Regarding the id, you can keep the new one. Some functions might not work properly though, like location update. You can go into your settings for your Google account on a computer and withdraw access rights for apps and devices, then everything is fine. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk