Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TitaniumBackup making wrong folder?

Tip us?
 
Danielombasa612
Old
(Last edited by Danielombasa612; 1st February 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] TitaniumBackup making wrong folder?

First of all, I havent used Tb for a couple of months and i dont know if this is suppsoed to be happening since last time i recall, it never did this

Im using a nexus 4 and this issue occurs when i install Titanium no matter what rom i am using.

When i install TB, the app works and everything but it doesn't create the Backup folder in /sdcard where all other stuff is like (the music folder, where you put your movies, roms etc etc)

Here is a screenshot of where it creates the backup folder --------> http://imgur.com/Vybd6sY <------ Also i might add, if i delete that folder, it wipes my sd card.


Here is where it creates the backup folder inside "storage" (which doesn't exist until i install TB) http://i.imgur.com/kawfvWb.png inside that folder is http://i.imgur.com/pALplDk.jpg and inside that is http://i.imgur.com/HbvTLc5.jpg



Or am i stupid and this is supposed to happen?
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielombasa612 View Post
First of all, Im using a nexus 4 and this issue occurs when i install Titanium no matter what rom i am using.

When i install TB, the app works and everything but it doesn't create the Backup folder in /sdcard where all other stuff is like (the music folder, where you put your movies, roms etc etc)

Here is a screenshot of where it creates the backup folder --------> http://imgur.com/Vybd6sY <------ Also i might add, if i delete that folder, it wipes my sd card.


Here is where it creates the backup folder inside "storage" (which doesn't exist until i install TB) http://i.imgur.com/kawfvWb.png inside that folder is http://i.imgur.com/pALplDk.jpg and inside that is http://i.imgur.com/HbvTLc5.jpg



Or am i stupid and this is supposed to happen?
It's supposed to happen.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
Danielombasa612
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
It's supposed to happen.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Why though? ): is there any way i can change it??
The Following User Says Thank You to Danielombasa612 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielombasa612 View Post
Why though? ): is there any way i can change it??
Hate when that happens. (hitting the wrong button) That's the way it is without a sdcard. No way to change it, other than buying a new phone.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Danielombasa612
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
It's supposed to happen.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Hate when that happens. (hitting the wrong button) That's the way it is without a sdcard. No way to change it, other than buying a new phone.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Sigh.
I thought this was just happening to me but i guess not.

When did this come in effect? before i broke my screen back in November, it never did this, does 4.4 has anything to do with this?

thanks for the answers btw
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#6  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielombasa612 View Post
Sigh.
I thought this was just happening to me but i guess not.

When did this come in effect? before i broke my screen back in November, it never did this, does 4.4 has anything to do with this?

thanks for the answers btw
Been that way from day one. At least with the Nexus 4, and is the same on my Nexus 7.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Danielombasa612
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 34
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Been that way from day one. At least with the Nexus 4, and is the same on my Nexus 7.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
that's really odd.
I was never like this for me, i used to backup everything and transfer it to my PC since there was always a dedicated TB folder on the root of my sd card.
Weird, oh well.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes