5,600,234 Members 38,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Issue][Miracast][CM11] Screen Mirroring broken or not working

Tip us?

sugarfoot1001
Old
(Last edited by sugarfoot1001; 15th January 2014 at 07:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Post [Issue][Miracast][CM11] Screen Mirroring broken or not working

I would like to find out if anyone else has been having problems getting the miracast casting to work on CyanogenMOD 11 (i.e. any official CM11 build for Nexus 4).

I would like to report that though mirroring works perfectly on the Kitkat Stock (even after you do a basic root), , when I do a clean flash of CM11 (including wiping all data), and try to cast, the phone seems to reset the established connection almost as soon as it is established; and then the access-point / SSID of the miracast device momentarily disappears from the list [ i.e. the list under Setting > Display (& Lighting) > Casting ].

By the way, I am using the Nexus 4 with Rocketfish's Miracast device (see here). Haven't tested this issue on any other phone/miracast-model combination. However, I did test all of the above on one other nexus 4 device and experienced the same issues.

I thought I'd post this issue up here to possibly expose it to someone (who knows someone... ) on the CM dev team, because I'm not sure what the channels of communication are to let them know directly (e.g. I believe we are not allowed to post issues for CM11 nightlies).

Thanks a Tonne in Advance!!

mariod84
Old
(Last edited by mariod84; 6th January 2014 at 07:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I also have the same problems with CM11 official on my Nexus 4 and my LG Smart TV 39LN575S: Miracast try to connect but not works.
I tried with Kitkat stock and it works.

Anyone can help us?

Thanks

elderap
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Does not work on any custom ROM kk, unfortunately, must be some bug in Google because no developer could solve.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elderap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sugarfoot1001
Old
(Last edited by sugarfoot1001; 7th January 2014 at 05:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderap View Post
Does not work on any custom ROM kk, unfortunately, must be some bug in Google because no developer could solve.
have they been able to at least narrow down what part of the ROM customization process breaks it?
E.g. deodexing, busybox some intefering apps/services

Also, is Miracast working fine on custom pre-Android4.4 roms such as CM10.. Each time I try to flash to CM10.x ("stable") to test this (even after a complete data wipe), It breaks my wifi [which I obviously need for miracast]?

elderap
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarfoot1001 View Post
have they been able to at least narrow down what part of the ROM customization process breaks it?
E.g. deodexing, busybox some intefering apps/services

Also, is Miracast working fine on custom pre-Android4.4 roms such as CM10.. Each time I try to flash to CM10.x ("stable") to test this (even after a complete data wipe), It breaks my wifi [which I obviously need for miracast]?
Over other versions of android, works 100% on all custom. The problem you're having with wifi is broken because of the baseband, you should is with a baseband kk, and they do not work in the previous version, change to 0.84, for example, that wifi will function normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to elderap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sugarfoot1001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderap View Post
Over other versions of android, works 100% on all custom. The problem you're having with wifi is broken because of the baseband, you should is with a baseband kk, and they do not work in the previous version, change to 0.84, for example, that wifi will function normally.
great that's very helpful!
Hopefully google is working to resolve this issue.

Seems to me that overall, not alot of attention is paid to miracast technology ever since it's integration onto the android platform.

mariod84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have basaband .98 and with last CM11 nightly Miracast don't works, instead with the same baseband and KK 4.4.2 stock it works.
I like much CM but I don't want lose a feature of my Nexus 4

sugarfoot1001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariod84 View Post
I have basaband .98 and with last CM11 nightly Miracast don't works, instead with the same baseband and KK 4.4.2 stock it works.
I like much CM but I don't want lose a feature of my Nexus 4
I think what he means is changing the baseband only works on custom roms such as CM10, which are prior to android 4.4

s107ken
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
I'm tested cm-11-20140108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip.
adb logcat said,
Quote:
E/DxHDCPModule(194): Opening HDCP library failed: dlopen failed: library "libDxHdcp.so" not found
pull "libDxHdcp.so" from KOT49H factory image, push "libDxHdcp.so" to CM11, but didn't solved this.

so I developed add a few Miracast options for AOSP including HDCP skipping, this morining build for CM11, tilapia and mako Miracast working on CM11.

attached 20140110_mira02_CM11_tilapia-update-signed.zip on next thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=118
build target is tilapia(Nexus 7 2012 3G), but working on Nexus 4.

flash cm-11-20140108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip & 20140110_mira02_CM11_tilapia-update-signed.zip,
lauch Mira4U app, check Skip HDCP, goto Cast screen, *maybe* working

if Miracast worked on N4 after applied this patch, Netflix or other HDCP required contents maybe black screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-10-061416.png
Views:	172
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	2505194  
Nexus - Galaxy Nexus(GT-I9250), Nexus 4, Nexus 7 3G(2012), Nexus 10
Phone - Galaxy S2(GT-I9100), Galaxy Note(SC-05D, jp), IS01(jp)
Tablet - ONDA Vi40 DC
Other - NVIDIA Shield, GameStick, OUYA, MK802
Board - AM335x, BeagleBone Black, pcDuino, Raspberry PI, Wandboard Quad
Give me a candy, paypal link: http://www.geocities.jp/s107ken/paypal.html
Want - Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013, Pandaboard ES, Radxa Rock
The Following User Says Thank You to s107ken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mariod84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by s107ken View Post
I'm tested cm-11-20140108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip.
adb logcat said,

pull "libDxHdcp.so" from KOT49H factory image, push "libDxHdcp.so" to CM11, but didn't solved this.

so I developed add a few Miracast options for AOSP including HDCP skipping, this morining build for CM11, tilapia and mako Miracast working on CM11.

attached 20140110_mira02_CM11_tilapia-update-signed.zip on next thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=118
build target is tilapia(Nexus 7 2012 3G), but working on Nexus 4.

flash cm-11-20140108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip & 20140110_mira02_CM11_tilapia-update-signed.zip,
lauch Mira4U app, check Skip HDCP, goto Cast screen, *maybe* working

if Miracast worked on N4 after applied this patch, Netflix or other HDCP required contents maybe black screen.
Thanks!!! Now it works