Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Where to buy quality touch screen replacement?

OP P1X3

2nd May 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #11  
Flag Alba, Texas
Thanks Meter: 254

482 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X3

Sadly, I have not fixed my N4 yet. All the sellers I contacted claimed that there is no sellers that seels OEM parts, only OEM compliant.

I just might part my nexus and buy something else.

Ok. I ordered a screen from eBay yesterday. I'll post on here how it goes.

Sent from my cousin's iPhone using Tapatalk while I fix my N4
3rd May 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
replaced screen
bought one from ebay
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OEM-LG-Google...item2ec84d8e0f
working fine. for some reason the price for this changes lots i got it for 78 but it shows now for 73.00 plus ship and import, I have seen him list it for 300.00 don't know whats up with that. note proximity sensor is very finicky when changing screens. In my case turning the rubber seal around fixed it on 2 screens.
29th May 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X3

Sadly, I have not fixed my N4 yet. All the sellers I contacted claimed that there is no sellers that seels OEM parts, only OEM compliant.
I just might part my nexus and buy something else.

You can check the lg website for Portugal. They will link to spareslg.com for OFFICIAL parts. So there are some global websites that will sell you OEM spare part. They are in my region but for what I see they ship worldwide.

On ebay you get some good deals and others not so good

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk
6th October 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
So here is another update. I have put away my broken N4 and used HTC Amaze 4G for quite a while. Recently Amaze began to have issues with touch screen until part of it stopped working all together.
Figured I would give ebay another try. Seller is wholesalegadgetfix, item number 151206512431. Item is listed as OEM, but when I asked the seller they weren't sure. Whatever, placed an ordered and received it today.

First of all, the unit looked OEM-ish. Synaptics MC was clearly labeled and its ribbon cable was stamped with few numbers and Rev 1.1 Display ribbon cable had markings with numbers that are similar to updated actual OEM item.
Overall, markings look OEM, but not necesarly in right place. Frame itself is OEM. Tried to test the unit before assembly but it was almost impossible, therefore, I proceeded with the install.
Right off the bad, no issues with touchscreen like previous ebay unit had, at least not yet *fingers crossed*. Display quality looks good, although I don't remember what original looked like.
One bad thing about it. There is slight light-bleeding at the bottom left where back button is. It's not terrible, but I imagine it won't be a big issues with translucent bar. After-all, this is my best phone option as of now.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread