[Q] Do TPU cases get hot?

Search This thread

Remcotjuuh

Aug 7, 2012
Groningen, the Netherlands
Hey guys,

I just received my new black TPU case. It fits next to perfectly and makes my phone feel way more sturdy, so I'm very happy so far :). Now I have one question: will TPU cases become hot easily? Of course too much heat will not be good for my phone and when it turns summer here again, I want to know if it might get my phone to become too hot, especially since it's black.

I don't know if it is a stupid question, but then I will know that at least too ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

scream4cheese

Jun 22, 2011
New York, NY
That's a strange question.
It sounds like your trying to say if the tpu case will emit heat on its own. LOL

1. You should not leave your phone out in the sun. That's how it gets hot during the hot summer. (That's why you have pockets.)

2. The environment you're in will affect the temperature of the phone but not too much. For example, a outside temperature of 25 degrees Fahrenheit will decrease the temperature to about maybe about 4-5+ degrees lower. But the phone is still operable.

3. I have been using tpu cases for years and it has never been a problem. I never thought about it either. You bought the case you use it. Otherwise, you can leave it naked and free.

(Please don't leave your phone out in the hot sumer hot.) Keep it in your pocket or backpack with the case on and away from hard objects that can damage the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Remcotjuuh

Aug 7, 2012
Groningen, the Netherlands
That's a strange question.
It sounds like your trying to say if the tpu case will emit heat on its own. LOL

1. You should not leave your phone out in the sun. That's how it gets hot during the hot summer. (That's why you have pockets.)

2. The environment you're in will affect the temperature of the phone but not too much. For example, a outside temperature of 25 degrees Fahrenheit will decrease the temperature to about maybe about 4-5+ degrees lower. But the phone is still operable.

3. I have been using tpu cases for years and it has never been a problem. I never thought about it either. You bought the case you use it. Otherwise, you can leave it naked and free.

(Please don't leave your phone out in the hot sumer hot.) Keep it in your pocket or backpack with the case on and away from hard objects that can damage the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your reaction. I didn't mean that it would emit heat, but more that it would trap it. The thing I was concerned about would in be in summer in my room whilst the phone would be charging. Especially when I'm playing the PS3 there in summer temperature would rise quite a bit and the battery of my old ace went up to 40°C

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app