Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trigger Google Now via handsfree support?

Tip us?

Blazing angel
Old
(Last edited by Blazing angel; 17th January 2014 at 03:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Trigger Google Now via handsfree support?

Hi all, I'm wondering if there is any app that can help me trigger google now from a car using a basic bluetooth commands from the car stereo.
By this, I mean pressing a combinations of bluetooth commands to trigger it (for example, forward-forward-rewind-forward from the steering wheel controls of a car)

The reasoning is that Google Now can already use bluetooth mics to receive commands - the only difficult part is starting up google now when moving (without getting a ticket!)

could this be possible with tasker?

Thanks for any help!

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing angel View Post
Hi all, I'm wondering if there is any app that can help me trigger google now from a car using a basic bluetooth commands from the car stereo.
By this, I mean pressing a combinations of bluetooth commands to trigger it (for example, forward-forward-rewind-forward from the steering wheel controls of a car)

The reasoning is that Google Now can already use bluetooth mics to receive commands - the only difficult part is starting up google now when moving (without getting a ticket!)

could this be possible with tasker?

Thanks for any help!
I'm not sure whether it works across bluetooth, but I'm able to bring up voice command with headset button controller on my wired headset by setting a custom remote button pattern.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etbutton&hl=en

benzothegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm wondering this too - however I'm wondering if there's some sort of dialler 'middle man' app I could use.. say when I dial '1234' from bluetooth, it runs a custom task (eg triggering google now) - surely someone has written something like that?
Nexus 5
Nexus 7

ziddey
Old
Thanks Meter 1,466

DONATE TO ME
upgrade your call button from voice dialer to google now: http://hackerspace.lifehacker.com/re...e-n-1507391132