I have trouble with root and SuperSU on 4.4.2

Search This thread

glancer2315

May 20, 2013
I'm having trouble with SuperSU on 4.4.2 on Nexus 4.

So at 4.3 I unrooted first, then OTA'ed to 4.4 and now 4.4.2.

Yesterday I used cf-auto to root my phone, but there was no SuperSU. Then I downloaded one from Google Play. But it keeps saying "unfortunately SuperSU has stopped" when there is a need to use SuperSU, i.g. when there is a root explorer app running. I doubt whether the root was successful so I downloaded a root checker, but it kept saying "please wait". So I even don't know whether my phone is rooted.

Please help.

glancer2315

May 20, 2013
I tried Reinstallation in SuperSU and used root checker, which said my device has root access. But after I installed SuperSU again, it keeps crashing again. (keeps saying SUperUS has stopped.)

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
If you haven't gotten this squared away, I would recommend using Wug's toolkit to return to stock unrooted and then using the toolkit to reroot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Demonseye

Jan 13, 2013
Just encountered this kind of problem on Purity. Flashed latest build (4.4.2), and then I didn't have root acces anymore. Then I tried rooting with Wug's toolkit (CWM as recovery and SuperSU as root), and unfortunately superSU didn't appear at all in the apps. I tried installing it from the recovery, no luck.

Then I tried it with SuperUser. it worked. I didn't ask any questions :D