XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble setting ART as runtime environment

Tip us?

cnilesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Trouble setting ART as runtime environment

I have been trying to set ART as my runtime environment.It asks me about the change in the library and reboots my device.But then again while checking in the developers option it shows me dalvik as the runtime environement.What should I do in order to use the delights of ART.My phone is rooted with stock kitkat image.

JASN_DE
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnilesh View Post
I have been trying to set ART as my runtime environment.It asks me about the change in the library and reboots my device.But then again while checking in the developers option it shows me dalvik as the runtime environement.What should I do in order to use the delights of ART.My phone is rooted with stock kitkat image.
Do you use Xposed? I know that only works with Dalvik at the moment and actively resets that setting to Dalvik.
The Following User Says Thank You to JASN_DE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cnilesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASN_DE View Post
Do you use Xposed? I know that only works with Dalvik at the moment and actively resets that setting to Dalvik.
Yeah i use that module just to extent my greenify features.Is there any way to use exposed and make ART work at the same time?

1Chef
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote from rovo89: "After installing Xposed, the runtime gets reset from ART to Dalvik. Can you stop it please?
You can be glad that I implemented this, otherwise you would be in a bootloop know. Xposed isn't compatible with ART (yet). It's a completely different architecture with pretty much no documentation. I hope that I can rewrite Xposed for the ART runtime, but don't expect it in the near future. It requires understanding the concept, the code structure and many details to know how it works. Afterwards, I have to think about ways to hijack it and this needs to be implemented, tested and improved again and again. So please don't ask when it will be available - you will surely know when it is ready." Plz search xda before asking theses questions if you had you'd have found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Phone: Nexus⁴ Rom: Slimkat Kernel: Hellscore
For 2.5 GB free on dropbox click here. For a sim card from giffgaff with Ł5 free credit click here
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Chef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rishabl1d
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ART is still in early version so use Dalvik for next few months.

opssemnik
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabl1d View Post
ART is still in early version so use Dalvik for next few months.
it has been answered already, the op is just dumb enough to not read the sec post of xposed thread, witch says that it sets back to dalvik, so your answer is wrong, and you also are dumb enough to not read all posts//or u just wanna win more posts.
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb - Stock 4.3, soon to be RmaŽd again
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - AOSPA + franco.kernel
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - cm 10.2
:

cnilesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is it that I will have to remove all the apps which does not support ART?I have greenify as well as titanium backup and removing xposed also did not help.What should I do?

THEBANDIT420
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I'm guessing you just uninstalled xposed without removing the framework... Sigh

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to THEBANDIT420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]