Samsung S6 and S6 Edge Performance

more

Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay

The post Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay appeared first on … more

Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3

The post Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3 appeared first on … more

HTC Utopia Coverage: One M9, Grip and Vibe VR

more

The ultimate Nexus 4 digitizer failure thread

OP NamNamNom

28th August 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #11  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 6

78 posts
My digitizer works fine until the batter gets to about 80% .... then the screen freaks out and the phone turns off.... fun stuff!
28th August 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Carmichael, CA
Thanks Meter: 170

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadsul3man

back glass does crack on some phones when there is sudden change in temperature ,it happened on xperia z as well dont be so naive , the probability of mistreatment has nothing to do with factory defects

Ya right....ignorance......
29th August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #13  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 131

612 posts
More
This is actual real problem. My Nexus 4 works fine. But replaced the digitizer on my brother's after the bottom half died. Just go on eBay and buy the panel for around 50 bucks. About an hour of work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
16th January 2015, 06:22 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
repaired my screen
i replaced the screen after just 1yr 7 days. I live in India so phones available are quite cheap and the screen replacement cost was cost of an average smartphone but still i replaced it . I just want to know whether the replacement screen will have a digitizer problem after 1yr. I also had to replace the battery.
27th January 2015, 01:20 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
4 Screens replaced, the last 2 had bad digitizers?
I've replaced cracked screens 4 times now... the 3rd developed issues with the touchscreen going unresponsive every once in a while (I would tear down the phone again and again and finally the touchscreen would inexplicably begin working again.) I Finally cracked that one and now the new one has the same issue. I installed the new screen/digitizer, again with some difficulty , After a few reboots for whatever reason, suddenly unresponsive. Reboot 4 more times and it's back. Initially I'd thought I just bought a bad replacement screen but two in a row is pointing me towards .. well, something else...

Looking closely at the new component I'm a bit concerned as the text on the ribbon cable from the digitizer is labeled "Snaptics" rather than "Synaptics" though the chip itself is labeled correctly...

Sigh...

In any event, I was hoping someone could possibly shed some light onto this. 4 screens later I'm a bit sentimental and would hate to have to retire my N4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread