FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

8th June 2014, 08:56 PM |#1  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
 
 
8th June 2014, 09:10 PM |#2  
Zehlek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,329
 
More
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 09:17 PM |#3  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,556
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 09:18 PM |#4  
parkourz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek

You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
8th June 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
8th June 2014, 09:40 PM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,556
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?

You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes