FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Zetsubou., Junior Member on 8th June 2014, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
 
 
8th June 2014, 09:10 PM |#2  
Zehlek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,450
 
More
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 09:17 PM |#3  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,882
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 09:18 PM |#4  
parkourz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek

You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
8th June 2014, 09:38 PM |#5  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
8th June 2014, 09:40 PM |#6  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,882
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?

You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes