Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Search This thread

Zetsubou.

Aug 2, 2013
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Zetsubou.

Aug 2, 2013
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?