Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Tip us?
 
Zetsubou.
Old
#1  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
 
Zehlek
Old
#2  
Zehlek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,153
Posts: 3,913
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Niagara Falls
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
jd1639
Old
#3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,347
Posts: 9,815
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
parkourz
Old
#4  
parkourz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 886
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Łódź
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
HIT IF I HELPED
BUT
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
Running
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4
 
Zetsubou.
Old
#5  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
 
jd1639
Old
#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,347
Posts: 9,815
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more