Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

OP Zetsubou.

8th June 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #1  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
8th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
Zehlek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
3,986 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
8th June 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,542
 
10,264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
parkourz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 177
 
887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek

You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
8th June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #5  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
8th June 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,542
 
10,264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou.

What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?

You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes