Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Tip us?
 
Zetsubou.
Old
#1  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
 
Zehlek
Old
#2  
Zehlek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1084
Posts: 3,788
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Niagara Falls
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
jd1639
Old
#3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3069
Posts: 9,117
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
parkourz
Old
#4  
parkourz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 881
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Łódź
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
HIT IF I HELPED
BUT
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
Running
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4
 
Zetsubou.
Old
#5  
Zetsubou.'s Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
 
jd1639
Old
#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3069
Posts: 9,117
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more