Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Tip us?

Zetsubou.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to update to 4.4.3 due to custom recovery

Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.

Zehlek
Old
Thanks Meter 1,135
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
Hello,

I run rooted Nexus 4, Stock ROM running Franco Kernel #207 with TeamWin recovery.

My device is promoting me to install the new update but when I run the installation and automatically restarts the device it goes straight to recovery and nothing happens afterwards. So, I end up loading my device normally with nothing installed. I have been sitting on this update for 2 days so far with no solution found. Are there any way to bypass the recovery so that installation can go normally?

I really would like to just install the update without a fresh installation for now, if I started to face some issues after the installation I guess I will have no other choice but to do a fresh installation.

Thank you.
You have a bunch of stuff which is not allowing you to take the ota. You should try this, it'll work in your situation http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53176897

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

parkourz
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
You may be able to flash update if you install stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
it will fail cause he's using custom kernel
HIT IF I HELPED
BUT
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
Running
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4

Zetsubou.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou. View Post
What if I restored the stock kernel and stock recovery and tried to install the update?
You have to be on stock system, kernel and recovery. You'll also lose root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app