Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unofficial Builds

Tip us?

Mademos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Unofficial Builds

I'm thinking of creating a thread for people to contribute their unofficial builds. From my (admittedly small) experience so far, people who compile personal builds don't publish them in order to avoid the constant stream of repetitive questions, or to avoid the responsibility of having to response to even valid ones.

So in order to attract these people to post their stuff, one of the rules would be "no support required" & "No change log needed beyond what you feel like sharing"

Got any other condition in mind that keeps our "ghost compilers" from posting? Let's brainstorm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademos View Post
I'm thinking of creating a thread for people to contribute their unofficial builds. From my (admittedly small) experience so far, people who compile personal builds don't publish them in order to avoid the constant stream of repetitive questions, or to avoid the responsibility of having to response to even valid ones.

So in order to attract these people to post their stuff, one of the rules would be "no support required" & "No change log needed beyond what you feel like sharing"

Got any other condition in mind that keeps our "ghost compilers" from posting? Let's brainstorm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
these people would still fall under GPU, since sharing officially and publicly. all sources for each sharer would have to be posted(legally).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!