[Q] Unsuccessful Nandroid Backup Eats Up Memory Space

8th February 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone,

I have a situation here with my Nexus 4. I am running CWM Recovery 6.0.4.3 and AOKP nightly builds. I was using Stock ROM before AOKP. That time, before I upgraded I was trying to make a nandroid backup. I had around 7GB free space before performing the backup. Eventually the backup went wrong, it said "Error while backing up /data". I don't know what to do so I just reboot and re-run the backup process, but it still gave me the same error. I then boot into my phone and realized something... my free memory space has lessened to around 2GB only! I then decided not to make the backup and just flash my ROM to AOKP. I thought this will clear the problem, but it's not.

So, my question is, how to clear this used space? I checked in the nandroid backup folder and found absolutely nothing there, so it must be somewhere else... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
8th February 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 46

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.abcde

Hi everyone,

I have a situation here with my Nexus 4. I am running CWM Recovery 6.0.4.3 and AOKP nightly builds. I was using Stock ROM before AOKP. That time, before I upgraded I was trying to make a nandroid backup. I had around 7GB free space before performing the backup. Eventually the backup went wrong, it said "Error while backing up /data". I don't know what to do so I just reboot and re-run the backup process, but it still gave me the same error. I then boot into my phone and realized something... my free memory space has lessened to around 2GB only! I then decided not to make the backup and just flash my ROM to AOKP. I thought this will clear the problem, but it's not.

So, my question is, how to clear this used space? I checked in the nandroid backup folder and found absolutely nothing there, so it must be somewhere else... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Just as you said, it must be somewhere. Check other folders or even the rood of the virtual SD card. If you still don't find anything you may have to factory reset the device and wipe the SD card partition. Before you jump the gun though, make sure (assuming you're using windows as your PC OS, show hidden folders.
8th February 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #3  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 481

2,480 posts
More
Did you check of have a Clockworkmod folder? Each time you create a backup, it creates a new folder with a new time stamp.

Use a file manager to delete the unnecessary or aborted backups. The backup folder should be visible with having to use an app such as Root Explorer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread