FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released

13th February 2013, 01:23 PM |#1  
Hereisphilly's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainsborough, UK
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Just wanted to get a few pointers on the update process once 4.2.2. factory images are released.

I'm currently running CM 10.1 latest nightly complete with Faux's custom kernel. When the factory images are released, i want to take advantage of the new radio and bootloader, that hopefully will be shipping, along with anything else without having to fully wipe and start from fresh.

Please correct me if i'm wrong on any of my thoughts about how to update below, or if i've missed anything

Bootloader - extract from factory image and flash in fastboot with
fastboot flash bootloader bootloaderxxxx.img

Radio - extract from factory image and flash in fastboot with
fastboot flash radio radioxxxx.img

Kernel - hopefully faux will update once source drops and can be flashed via recovery

ROM - hopefully CM will update with 4.2.2 is AOSP and can be flashed in recovery, along with updated GAAPS

Am i missing anything else??

Thanks
 
 
13th February 2013, 10:21 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
That will do it.
You just have to hope they work with CM10.1 though...
13th February 2013, 10:31 PM |#3  
Hereisphilly's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainsborough, UK
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Re: [Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released
Quote:
Originally Posted by peedub

That will do it.
You just have to hope they work with CM10.1 though...

Yeah I'll check that out before I do anything, fingers crossed it will be good!
I haven't missed anything out then, bootloader, radio, kernel, ROM is all there is to update?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
13th February 2013, 11:15 PM |#4  
chrisastrous's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Re: [Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released
Just not to start a new thread. Can anyone conform for me this: currently stock everything - except running CWM recovery.

I'll have to flash the stock recovery before trying to get the OTA update?
14th February 2013, 04:28 AM |#5  
niTiN_v's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisastrous

Just not to start a new thread. Can anyone conform for me this: currently stock everything - except running CWM recovery.

I'll have to flash the stock recovery before trying to get the OTA update?


Yes...u wont be able to apply the OTA update with a custom recovery...but u can flash the update through CWM...
Last edited by niTiN_v; 14th February 2013 at 04:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to niTiN_v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 05:15 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Re: [Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released
Stock everything, never been rooted.. will the OTA update erase any data whatsoever? When can we expect it?
14th February 2013, 05:23 PM |#7  
uploder's Avatar
Senior Member
North FL
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralways

Stock everything, never been rooted.. will the OTA update erase any data whatsoever? When can we expect it?

No the OTA will not erase anything. As for when you will get it? It should be soon. If you're impatient you can flash it manually buuuut i'd hold off on that becuase of all of the" help trouble after updating to 4.2.2" threads popping up recently.
14th February 2013, 08:06 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Re: [Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released
I just received the update downloaded notification on my Nexus 7 but still nothing on the N4.
16th February 2013, 05:51 PM |#9  
darkkid85's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uploder

No the OTA will not erase anything. As for when you will get it? It should be soon. If you're impatient you can flash it manually buuuut i'd hold off on that becuase of all of the" help trouble after updating to 4.2.2" threads popping up recently.

Will the stock 4.2.2 wipe my apps? I know it will damaged the internal SD.

What about my apps adn corporate data? Pls advise

Ramu
16th February 2013, 05:58 PM |#10  
chrisastrous's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Re: [Q] Updating Nexus 4 once 4.2.2. is released
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkid85

Will the stock 4.2.2 wipe my apps? I know it will damaged the internal SD.

What about my apps adn corporate data? Pls advise

Ramu

Just ran the update my phone is in exactly the same state as before. Nothing got deleted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes