5,598,718 Members 39,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is USB Tethering working with 4.4.2?
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Is USB Tethering working with 4.4.2 for anyone?

Tip us?

NerdPad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Is USB Tethering working with 4.4.2 for anyone?

Hi,

I am using this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537932

WIFI tethering works, flawlessly. But can't get USB Tethering to work.

I have installed the drivers, and when I connect my phone Device manager doesn't show up any unknown devices.

But as soon as I turn on USB Tethering I get a Nexus 4 with exclamation mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to NerdPad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickoUSA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Damn it

Well, i have the same damned issue even on stock rom..no one knows how to fix it..prolly the only salvation is to downgrade from 4.4.2 to either 4.4 or earlier version..

powermatt
Old
(Last edited by powermatt; 31st December 2013 at 01:36 AM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 2
All forms of Tethering work for me (on T-Mobile in the US), but with a rather large catch: only sites that use SSL (HTTPS). If I want to take a look at non-secure sites, like XDA, I have to connect to my home VPN. No VPN, no HTTP, only HTTPS. It's very odd, but the the behavior makes me think T-Mobile is probably blocking it. It will send the HTTP request out, resolve the host, but then stall on "waiting for [name of site]." I don't get a redirect page or anything, just nothing non-secure when I'm not on the VPN. I'm on T-Mobile's $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited text and data plan.

---

There's also a chance it might be related to the Android 4.4.2 tethering bug, as when I'm connected to the VPN, it doesn't rely on Android to process HTTP requests.