Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 43,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video Out?

Tip us?

gthing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Video Out?

I read I need a slimport adapter to get video out of my Nexus 4. I got an MHL adapter with a little slimport converter. My Nexus 4 doesn't seem to take the slimport connector (which has an extra little tab on it), but the MHL fits. I can't seem to get video out working though. Does it only work at certain times or do I have to activate it somehow? Has anyone gotten video out to work? Why does every site say I need a slimport adapter and then the slimport adapter doesn't fit?
Treo 650 -> Blackjack -> Tytn I -> Tytn 2 -> Palm Pre -> Hero -> Evo -> Evo 3D -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S III -> Nexus 4

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,514

DONATE TO ME
Do you have a link to this "slimport converter"?
I cant imagine a thing not costing less then just buying an actual slimport/mydp adapter.

It's the equivilent of a ethernet to sata adapter, there would need to be active parts to convert the stream from one to the other, they're completely unrelated.

There's no way it's just a passive thing, slimport/my and mhl use microusb as the connector, but that's about the only thing they have in common.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)