Ask a question

No registration required

Volume Button Mixed Up

OP gabessdsp

21st June 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
So I just re-assembled my phone getting rid of some water damage and the volume buttons appear to be backwards. If I'm holding the phone and hit down the volume goes up and vice versa. The volume button itself only goes in one way, but even flipping it does nothing. What could've gone wrong so that the buttons flipped? I cleaned all of the contacts and such and am just so confused.
Last edited by gabessdsp; 21st June 2014 at 11:30 PM.
22nd June 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
I thinck you should first try to flash a clean ROM.
I know that it is impossible to physically flip the buttons however it may be a weird issue on the motherboard itself. So, if it is not a software bug, you should look for scratchs on the motherboard close to the buttons position.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDeathlord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathlord

I thinck you should first try to flash a clean ROM.
I know that it is impossible to physically flip the buttons however it may be a weird issue on the motherboard itself. So, if it is not a software bug, you should look for scratchs on the motherboard close to the buttons position.

Good luck

Seems like it has now fixed itself after trying it again today. I think I'm going to move on my from 4 though and get a 5...though in a year or so I don't know what I'll do with my 5 since Google discontinued the Nexus line :'(
23rd June 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 99

325 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabessdsp

Seems like it has now fixed itself after trying it again today. I think I'm going to move on my from 4 though and get a 5...though in a year or so I don't know what I'll do with my 5 since Google discontinued the Nexus line :'(

They haven't that's all just rumors, trust there will be a nexus 5 2014

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread