VSCOCAM no longer working on CM13

Search This thread

angelofskies

Aug 31, 2010
Hi, I tried to use Renderscript on my app and I can't get it run on my nexus 4 CM13. Google send me here ;)
Tried to replace the bcc binary with the nvidia k1 one's, but not luck.
If you or the cyanogenmod dev need more logs, I can provide it.

In the attachement you have some, if you want to add it to your bug report.
Nvidia K1 android 6.0.1 Nexus 4 CM13 20160303 Emulator x86 android 5.0.2

edit: It also works on Samsung tab 2 7.0 CM13 20160224

Attachments

• log.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, thanks.
    Would not like to install it myself, but have tried to install this benchmarking tool, that is exactly testing RenderScript, and it is working fine.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.compubench.rs

Have you tried to check if the file: /data/user/0/com.vsco.cam/code_cache/com.android.renderscript.cache/librs.processingnew.so
    is on your phone?
    It could be located another place, but that the path is wrong.
    Thanks.
    Do you use a special filter when the crash happens?
    Maybe that could make it possible to discover the problem.
    It happens with all of them and other tools too.
    Weird, weird. In CM13 that path does exit, but the file is not there. In CM12.1 the path doesn't exit nor the file.
    You can only check it, while it is in use... as it is a cache file, it will be removed.
    You are right. After opening the app, the folder's created. Though the path is different:

CM13: /data/user/0/com.vsco.cam/code_cache/com.android.renderscript.cache/

CM12.1 /data/user/0/com.vsco.cam/code/com.android.renderscript.cache/

Although I cannot see the librs.processingnew.so file.
    It will most likely only be there while processing. But at least you have verified that the correct path exists.
    Looking at the log again, and it looks like there is a place in bcc where there is a segmentation fault (bcc is trying to access memory it is not allowed to access). The report of the missing file, is before it is trying to create it (using bcc).

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

It will most likely only be there while processing. But at least you have verified that the correct path exists.
    Looking at the log again, and it looks like there is a place in bcc where there is a segmentation fault (bcc is trying to access memory it is not allowed to access). The report of the missing file, is before it is trying to create it (using bcc).
    as bcc is originating from LLVM, could the problem also be, that the Nexus 4, is using GCC and not LLVM (trouble with sensors).
    So if bcc is not compatible with GCC/G++, could this be a problem.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

as bcc is originating from LLVM, could the problem also be, that the Nexus 4, is using GCC and not LLVM (trouble with sensors).
    So if bcc is not compatible with GCC/G++, could this be a problem.
    I have tried to create a bugreport. If you have any comments, please add them:
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES-2384
    Seems like that is not the correct place to report that bug. I do not know where that bug should be reported, so I will not do more (even though it should be reported).

Made a comment on your post on the cyanogenmod forum: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/120940-cm13-nightlies-and-renderscript-issue-with-vsco/
    Please add your complete log there, where the details about bcc is included.