5,599,478 Members 38,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wakelock/Sleep of death (charging and not charging)

Tip us?

tekken179
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Default [Q] Wakelock/Sleep of death (charging and not charging)

My phone has always had this problem, but since Kitkat it seems to be happening more frequently.

It happens when

1. Phone is on charge over night
2. When the phone sits idle for a long period of time.

I've tried several roms/kernels but the problem always persists, I had a nosey around but couldn't find anything in specifics. I tried an that solves the problem when it is on charge well it seems to work it happened a lot less but still happened.

What causes this?
Are there any solid fixes?
War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left.
The Following User Says Thank You to tekken179 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken179 View Post
My phone has always had this problem, but since Kitkat it seems to be happening more frequently.

It happens when

I've tried several roms/kernels but the problem always persists, I had a nosey around but couldn't find anything in specifics. I tried an that solves the problem when it is on charge well it seems to work it happened a lot less but still happened.

What causes this?
making the lower CPU frequency a little higher solves the issue. i've been having this exact same thing.
so instead of setting the minimum CPU freq to 384000, make it a little higher, maybe 486000 or 594000...

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Memeber of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Building slimkat from source.

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2 | Kernel: AK | CPU: 0.08GHz-1.7GHz | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to rirozizo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kurtph1969
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken179 View Post

It happens when

What causes this?
Hi, did you manage to fix this by raising the minimum CPU speed? I have the same issue on KitKat 4.4.2

I suspected it could be an app (possibly G+ which is known to drain the battery). Others have suggested it is to do with the wifi policy and the phone locking when the wifi disconnects or reconnects. I am use CATACLYSM ROM now and it seems more prevalent on this than it was on Stock, so I may simply switch back and monitor. Cheers.