Tip us?

mrsep
Old
(Last edited by mrsep; 17th December 2013 at 07:04 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Warning message during Android 4.4 OTA Update process

Hello everybody out there using the Nexus 4

My question is basically very simple, the background is a little complicated, or at least very annoying for me. Here you go:

Is there any hint or warning screen before or during the OTA update process, which tells the user, that "installing a new system update may revert your settings to default" or something similar?

I expect, that this question might sound a little strange to you guys, but the answer is very important for me. Thanks you very much on advance for your help!

------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

bad_HABIT
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Applying an OTA through the android system if you;re running stock will not wipe your data. If you do it manually though though ADB that's a different story.

mrsep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_HABIT View Post
Applying an OTA through the android system if you;re running stock will not wipe your data. If you do it manually though though ADB that's a different story.
I'm sorry bad_HABIT, but this doesn't answer my question. I'm not interested whether changes actually happen or can not happen, I'm only interested whether there is a warning for the user.

albundy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 1866
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsep View Post
Hello everybody out there using the Nexus 4

My question is basically very simple, the background is a little complicated, or at least very annoying for me. Here you go:

Is there any hint or warning screen before or during the OTA update process, which tells the user, that "installing a new system update may revert your settings to default" or something similar?

I expect, that this question might sound a little strange to you guys, but the answer is very important for me. Thanks you very much on advance for your help!

------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
No. And there is absolutely no need for one.

Installing a ota update with never reset your settings to default.