FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[Q] Water or drop damage?

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By HeyyMyNameIs, Senior Member on 12th April 2015, 03:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I dropped my phone face down on a partially wet floor, like a shower room floor. The drop was not that high and i picked it up and wiped it as soon as possible, now some parts of the screen don't respond. And recently, the screen was detecting different touches, as my pattern passcode was going crazy. What might be causing this problem? The drop or the maybe water getting into the phone? Would a screen replacement fix this? Thanks =( please help

13th April 2015, 10:43 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
BUMP
13th April 2015, 04:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyyMyNameIs

I dropped my phone face down on a partially wet floor, like a shower room floor. The drop was not that high and i picked it up and wiped it as soon as possible, now some parts of the screen don't respond. And recently, the screen was detecting different touches, as my pattern passcode was going crazy. What might be causing this problem? The drop or the maybe water getting into the phone? Would a screen replacement fix this? Thanks =( please help

Drop damage.
14th April 2015, 10:10 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAcube

Drop damage.

Thank you, i tried it out and a huge part of the screen is not responding properly, good thing i was able to remove my passcode. Would a screen replacement fix this? If so, do you recommend any trusted sites that sell these? Thank you very much
14th April 2015, 05:44 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Thank you, i tried it out and a huge part of the screen is not responding properly, good thing i was able to remove my passcode. Would a screen replacement fix this? If so, do you recommend any trusted sites that sell these? Thank you very much

A high rated ebay seller would be good. and also nexus 4 is kinda water resistent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqHSnr7OzY

Anyway i would say yes a screen replacement will fix it.

BTW be sure to press the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to XDAcube For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 03:37 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

A high rated ebay seller would be good. and also nexus 4 is kinda water resistent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqHSnr7OzY

Thank you =)
17th April 2015, 06:00 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Thank you =)

26th July 2015, 11:15 AM |#8  
Milan
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

The nexus 4 is NOT "kinda water resistant". I made the "mistake" of putting it in my pocket on a hot day bike ride, and my own sweat managed to seep into the ringke case and then somewhere near the goddamn digitizer, making me a victim of the infamous dead zone on the bottom of the screen. I'm so pissed off at google and lg that my next phone is going to be waterproof, even if that means giving up on the master race.
26th July 2015, 11:22 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipz77

The nexus 4 is NOT "kinda water resistant". I made the "mistake" of putting it in my pocket on a hot day bike ride, and my own sweat managed to seep into the ringke case and then somewhere near the goddamn digitizer, making me a victim of the infamous dead zone on the bottom of the screen. I'm so pissed off at google and lg that my next phone is going to be waterproof, even if that means giving up on the master race.

Your looking for waterproof and not water resistant.
26th July 2015, 12:18 PM |#10  
Milan
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

Your looking for waterproof and not water resistant.

My point is that a phone I bought for almost 300 f***in euros should not be rendered useless by SWEAT. It was never dropped, never got into contact with water, and a summer bike ride was enough to kill it.
26th July 2015, 12:21 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipz77

My point is that a phone I bought for almost 300 f***in euros should not be rendered useless by SWEAT. It was never dropped, never got into contact with water, and a summer bike ride was enough to kill it.

It must have been very wet then

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread