Help fixing Red Lit Nexus 4 (Brick)

OP qwahchees

12th March 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 57

389 posts
More
Not sure what bricked it. It's been 2 months since the day it turned into an expensive paper weight. I tried to flash a ZipAlign on boot .zip file and everything went fine. Wiped dalvik, cache and restarted, and it just died.

What could possibly fix it? I've tried taking it apart, and I already moved onto the 5... but this old guy wants another go.
12th March 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 35

222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees

Not sure what bricked it. It's been 2 months since the day it turned into an expensive paper weight. I tried to flash a ZipAlign on boot .zip file and everything went fine. Wiped dalvik, cache and restarted, and it just died.

What could possibly fix it? I've tried taking it apart, and I already moved onto the 5... but this old guy wants another go.

Can you get into fastboot?
12th March 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees

If it went dead right after you tried to boot after flashing a zip you probably flashed a zip not for your device. If that's the case you probably won't be able to recover it. But if you can get into fastboot try flashing the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5
13th March 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 57

389 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

If it went dead right after you tried to boot after flashing a zip you probably flashed a zip not for your device. If that's the case you probably won't be able to recover it. But if you can get into fastboot try flashing the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I see. I can't get the device to turn on at all, it's completely dead.
13th March 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 20

320 posts
More
just press power+vol. down key together and see u can see anything.....
13th March 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #6  
Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 286

261 posts
More
There are 2 reasons why you get red light :

1. When the cpu wont turn on cause its too stressed or too low battery, then do this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...death-t2250454 (Happened to me, just removing and putting the battery terminals revived mine)

2. When you flashed a wrong zip from another device, ( especially kernel ) then do this : okay i searched a lot, i couldnt find the tread. Its called unbricking nexus 4 or something like that. - hope someone can help you there.

happy un-bricking
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread