Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 42,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help fixing Red Lit Nexus 4 (Brick)

Tip us?

qwahchees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Help fixing Red Lit Nexus 4 (Brick)

Not sure what bricked it. It's been 2 months since the day it turned into an expensive paper weight. I tried to flash a ZipAlign on boot .zip file and everything went fine. Wiped dalvik, cache and restarted, and it just died.

What could possibly fix it? I've tried taking it apart, and I already moved onto the 5... but this old guy wants another go.

Follow me on Twitter: @Qwahchees

Retired: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Xoom Stock Rooted, iPhone 4 JB iOS 5, Nokia N900, Sony Ericsson C902

jrosetto
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
Not sure what bricked it. It's been 2 months since the day it turned into an expensive paper weight. I tried to flash a ZipAlign on boot .zip file and everything went fine. Wiped dalvik, cache and restarted, and it just died.

What could possibly fix it? I've tried taking it apart, and I already moved onto the 5... but this old guy wants another go.
Can you get into fastboot?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3038
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post

If it went dead right after you tried to boot after flashing a zip you probably flashed a zip not for your device. If that's the case you probably won't be able to recover it. But if you can get into fastboot try flashing the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5

qwahchees
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
If it went dead right after you tried to boot after flashing a zip you probably flashed a zip not for your device. If that's the case you probably won't be able to recover it. But if you can get into fastboot try flashing the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I see. I can't get the device to turn on at all, it's completely dead.

Follow me on Twitter: @Qwahchees

Retired: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Xoom Stock Rooted, iPhone 4 JB iOS 5, Nokia N900, Sony Ericsson C902

Ankurcul
Old
Thanks Meter 19
just press power+vol. down key together and see u can see anything.....

sandy-achar
Old
Thanks Meter 286
There are 2 reasons why you get red light :

1. When the cpu wont turn on cause its too stressed or too low battery, then do this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...death-t2250454 (Happened to me, just removing and putting the battery terminals revived mine)

2. When you flashed a wrong zip from another device, ( especially kernel ) then do this : okay i searched a lot, i couldnt find the tread. Its called unbricking nexus 4 or something like that. - hope someone can help you there.

happy un-bricking