Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wifi issues - stock 4.4.2

Tip us?

salespalace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default [Q] wifi issues - stock 4.4.2

my nexus 4 has an issue, where it connects to my wifi but it just doesn't work, as in web browser doesn't load any pages, play store doesnt work.

i've read numerous threads about many nexus 4 users having these problems but haven't found the solution. if anyone can provide me some help with a solution. im on stock 4.4.2

sp99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on recovery? Also is it only with one WiFi network?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
"I was taught to think the next week or month or year will only get better than it is today. So I just keep waiting to see how great it will get!" - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Devices:
Google Nexus 4 with CM11
Google Nexus 7 2013

Please like our Facebook page!! http://facebook.com/dtk4x4

Oxious119
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Might wanna try to set the frequency to 2,4ghz only. Some routers don't like if it's set to automatic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

salespalace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp99 View Post
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on recovery? Also is it only with one WiFi network?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
no its with every wifi network.

salespalace
Old
(Last edited by salespalace; 5th May 2014 at 08:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxious119 View Post
Might wanna try to set the frequency to 2,4ghz only. Some routers don't like if it's set to automatic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
ill try this out now. thanks.

EDIT: no difference, still nothing works.

would you advise to flash a custom rom?

sp99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salespalace View Post
no its with every wifi network.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition? It doesn't require root. If that doesn't work try factory reset. Then take it back or flash CyanogenMod (which will void warranty).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
"I was taught to think the next week or month or year will only get better than it is today. So I just keep waiting to see how great it will get!" - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Devices:
Google Nexus 4 with CM11
Google Nexus 7 2013

The Following User Says Thank You to sp99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

salespalace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp99 View Post
Have you tried wiping the cache partition? It doesn't require root. If that doesn't work try factory reset. Then take it back or flash CyanogenMod (which will void warranty).

Thanks.

am i right in assuming i can only wipe my cache through an app? if that's the case it doesnt change anything.
i've tried to enter recovery mode, but i don't think i can as im not on a custom kernel. please correct me if im wrong.

and should the latest cyanogenmod suffice? or would you recommend a specific build?

sp99
Old
(Last edited by sp99; 5th May 2014 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salespalace View Post
Thanks.

am i right in assuming i can only wipe my cache through an app? if that's the case it doesnt change anything.
i've tried to enter recovery mode, but i don't think i can as im not on a custom kernel. please correct me if im wrong.

and should the latest cyanogenmod suffice? or would you recommend a specific build?
You don't need a custom kernal.
This is from an email from Google regarding my nexus 7, it should be the same:
Hold the*Power Button*until the device powers down completely.Press and hold*Power Button*and*Volume Downsimultaneously.Once at the Android bootloader screen, pressVolume down*until you see the option*Recovery mode.Press*Power*button to restart into*Recovery mode. You should see an image of an Android with a red exclamation point.While holding down the*Power button, pressVolume Up.Use the Volume keys to scroll down to*wipe cache partition*and press*Power*Button*to select it. The device should clear the cache instantly.*Select and press the*Power Button*on*Reboot System Now, then see if the issue is resolved.

I used the CyanogenMod installer and then I switched to the nightly builds after a nandroid backup.

Devices:
Google Nexus 4 with CM11
Google Nexus 7 2013