XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi sometimes not working and requires reboot

Tip us?

rcholic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default WiFi sometimes not working and requires reboot

I just updated to Android 4.4 on my Nexus 4 yesterday. I have been having problem with the WIFI. Sometimes, the wifi won't turn on unless I reboot the phone. I wonder what might be wrong with it. thanks

Salty Wagyu
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Getting exactly the same thing. Battery widget reborn turns off my WiFi at sleep hours so I turn on my screen in the morning to sometimes find WiFi will not turn on. It's permanently stuck on "turning on WiFi..." in the WiFi settings page.

Clean factory image install too.
| Nexus 4 16GB | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Wagyu View Post
Getting exactly the same thing. Battery widget reborn turns off my WiFi at sleep hours so I turn on my screen in the morning to sometimes find WiFi will not turn on. It's permanently stuck on "turning on WiFi..." in the WiFi settings page.

Clean factory image install too.
How old is your router and is it 2.4Ghz or 5Ghtz? Go to Wifi and select the settings (3 dots) and then choose either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, don't leave it at auto. I had similar problem and solved it by selected the frequency that my router supports at 2.4GHz
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

Salty Wagyu
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
How old is your router and is it 2.4Ghz or 5Ghtz? Go to Wifi and select the settings (3 dots) and then choose either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, don't leave it at auto. I had similar problem and solved it by selected the frequency that my router supports at 2.4GHz
My router is 2.4GHz but didn't think it mattered? The WiFi module on the phone won't start sometimes since flashing 4.4, and therefore doesn't see the 8 or so WiFi networks around me.
| Nexus 4 16GB | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.2 Stock (rooted) |

Sharqi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same with me infact bluetooth also reacts same way

my phone suddenly hangs when using wifi and reboots after reboot i am not able to switch wifi or bluetooth on, no matter how many times i reboot . i even downgraded to jellybean to see if the issue is still there, my badluck the issue is persistent i wonder what kitkat did to my phone.