Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi stuck on "Turning on", even after reflash

Tip us?

liveangelic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi stuck on "Turning on", even after reflash

Greetinga, xda denizens!

So I tried the LTE Flasher App for my Nexus 4, flashing hybrid modem files in order to enable LTE on my phone, but since then everything seems to be broken about my phone and most importantly wifi is stuck in turning on.

I tried factory resetting and flashing new kernel (Cyanogen 10.2) but that didn't help.

Is there something else I can do? I thought that wiping and reflashing is the most brutal thing you can do to fix what's wrong with your device.

Thanks for any help,
Adam

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveangelic View Post
Greetinga, xda denizens!

So I tried the LTE Flasher App for my Nexus 4, flashing hybrid modem files in order to enable LTE on my phone, but since then everything seems to be broken about my phone and most importantly wifi is stuck in turning on.
Adam
Flashing a kernel doesn't flash modem, you need to do that manually. Download a stock modem from xda/google and flash it using fastboot. I don't know if it's related to wifi or not, but it's worth a shot.
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

OnePlus One: Carbon 4.4 with Franco kernel.

Oxious119
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Yup. If the radio you flashed is faulty a factory reset/ROM reflash/kernel reflash won't change a thing. The radio is a separate partition and 99% of all Roms come without a radio partition. As mentioned above, download a stock radio from here and flash it. Should fix the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app