XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiped Out Everything

Tip us?

manojay.reddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Wiped Out Everything

Wiped Out everything from my Nexus 4, wiped out System /Format, wipe dalvick cache, wiped data/factory reset.
Now am stuck at GOOGLE Logo Screen, tried to Side load OTA but when i used "adb sideload <filename>" it says
"error device not found", Help me in installing Android L Preview on my Nexus 4.

TIA,
Manojay
manojay . reddy @ gmail . com

MerynGoesAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojay.reddy View Post
Wiped Out everything from my Nexus 4, wiped out System /Format, wipe dalvick cache, wiped data/factory reset.
Now am stuck at GOOGLE Logo Screen, tried to Side load OTA but when i used "adb sideload <filename>" it says
"error device not found", Help me in installing Android L Preview on my Nexus 4.
im not sure how to fix you adb-sideload, but im sure you can still use fastboot. I'd suggest you go back to stock via fastboot, and install custom roms after that.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 479

DONATE TO ME
If adb sideload isn't working, it is usually a driver problem or you failed to start adb sideload on the device... Try using some of the driver installation tools and tips from Wugfresh's toolkit, using the "stock" adb drivers can be problematic for some people in fastboot.

As long as fastboot is working, just flash TWRP and sideload from there (sometimes it works better than the stock sideload), if that fails, return to stock and don't wipe internal storage until AFTER you flash the ROM this time.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P