Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiping internal storage

Tip us?

Almayce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [Q] Wiping internal storage

So guys, simple as that. I'm planning to use adb sideload in twrp afterwards to flash a rom. I have a corrupt folder and I can't seem to be able to delete it + I wanna clean up the phone. So how would I go about it step by step? If there is a guide somewhere, I'm sorry, but I can't search anything in Tapatalk :/

Any help appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3038
Why don't you flash the factory image and just start over. Wiping internal storage is going to wipe everything anyway

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Start fresh. Flash factory images. All you need is here.

Or you can just wipe everything in recovery, reboot to recovery (optional), and sideload the rom of your choosing.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Almayce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by arffrhn View Post
Start fresh. Flash factory images. All you need is here.

Or you can just wipe everything in recovery, reboot to recovery (optional), and sideload the rom of your choosing.
Yeah I was thinking of doing this, because it seems like less hassle than flashing factory images. I did it once in the past I think, but I don't remember the exact steps. So that's what I wanted to ask

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almayce View Post
Yeah I was thinking of doing this, because it seems like less hassle than flashing factory images. I did it once in the past I think, but I don't remember the exact steps. So that's what I wanted to ask

Yeah, you can just wipe it all in recovery. It will reformat it. Good luck then. [emoji4]

Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Almayce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Man, it was hell of a ride again. First drivers of course, i hate when they just "unnistall by themselves" I hope u know what i mean. Everytime u wanna use those things u have to install them all over again. next thing i kept getting erros while sideloading, again. For me, i cant have errorless sideload, no. So i rebooted phone, pc = rom sideloaded sucessfully. Weird.