5,605,438 Members 44,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charging Orb

Tip us?
 
mr2324jgf
Old
#1  
mr2324jgf's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 530
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Default Wireless charging Orb

When this drops, will you be looking to purchase it? I think I'll probably get it if it's under $30 bucks... I'm hoping it's much cheaper but trying to have realistic expectations. Unless they've revolutionized how fast it will charge, induction charging is more for novelty IMHO, but no less... What do you think?
 
G405T
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 58
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2324jgf View Post
When this drops, will you be looking to purchase it? I think I'll probably get it if it's under $30 bucks... I'm hoping it's much cheaper but trying to have realistic expectations. Unless they've revolutionized how fast it will charge, induction charging is more for novelty IMHO, but no less... What do you think?
Honestly, Ill be paying whatever they ask (within reason!) to get the charging orb; sounds like an amazing toy.. and Honestly, it does sound like a real convenience to me *imagines grabbing phone from bed in morning*

Also, if charging IS slower, I generally charge overnight anyway
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G405T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mr2324jgf
Old
#3  
mr2324jgf's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 530
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by G405T View Post
Honestly, Ill be paying whatever they ask (within reason!) to get the charging orb; sounds like an amazing toy.. and Honestly, it does sound like a real convenience to me *imagines grabbing phone from bed in morning*

Also, if charging IS slower, I generally charge overnight anyway
true, same here... i'd probably set it on the table by my chair TBH... my phone just lays there anyways, it could be charging that whole time, really. What's your top dollar though... really?
 
G405T
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 58
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2324jgf View Post
true, same here... i'd probably set it on the table by my chair TBH... my phone just lays there anyways, it could be charging that whole time, really. What's your top dollar though... really?
I guess I would probably spend up to about 60 (just under $100); but I really hope it doesn't cost that much, there will be other compatible Qi chargers if there are not any already
 
Knolly
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 154
Join Date: Oct 2010
I hacked my Galaxy Nexus to work with a Palm Touchstone and I can never go back. I have one at home and at the office, they're both really convenient. So yes, I'll be grabbing two for sure.
 
mk92595
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 304
Join Date: Aug 2012
Is the wireless charger included or not?
 
aSquard
Old
#7  
aSquard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 917
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DF-Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk92595 View Post
Is the wireless charger included or not?
I assume it'll be a separate accessory. Correction, a SECKSY separate accessory!
Feel free to hit "Thanks" if I've helped you
Current Device: 32GB Google Nexu5 [Icy]
Backup Device: 16GB Nexus 4 w/ParanoidAndroid 4+
Other: 2013 Google Nexus 7
Previous Devices: Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S II Skyrocket [SOLD] - Dell Streak 5 on GingerStreak 2.4.4 - iPhone 3GS - AT&T Fuze w/Sense 2.5 - LG Shine - Motorola W385 - Nokia 6620 - Nokia 6600
The Following User Says Thank You to aSquard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vido.ardes
Old
#8  
vido.ardes's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1617
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kent, UK

 
DONATE TO ME
I'm looking to get two of these, one for home and one for work. I hope they aren't too expensive, but I won't hold my breath. Then again, if you'd told me the NExus 4 would be 240, I'd have laughed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vido.ardes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stretched
Old
#9  
stretched's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 451
Join Date: Jul 2011
I still have my palm pre one. I wonder if that will work?
 
vido.ardes
Old
#10  
vido.ardes's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1617
Posts: 1,641
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kent, UK

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretched View Post
I still have my palm pre one. I wonder if that will work?
Should do, they are both QI standard

The Following User Says Thank You to vido.ardes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes