FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Wireless charging Orb

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mr2324jgf, Guest on 29th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th October 2012, 04:00 AM |#21  
Flag Warner Robins, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigidazzi

I just bought 2 of the touchstone pads for 5 bucks each off eBay just in case they do work for it. Even if they're slower than the nexus versions at least I have backups

I did the same thing... when it gets released and IF the price of the orb is more than $20.. the palms will go up.. I went ahead and scored 2.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

30th October 2012, 05:07 AM |#22  
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Touchstone is also available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Touchston...rds=touchstone
30th October 2012, 08:14 AM |#23  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I bought a touchstone off Amazon for about $3.50 just incase it works but I can't find anywhere that says that Palm used the Qi charging technology so it may not even work. Oh well at least I have one to play around with.
30th October 2012, 09:16 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCreazy

I bought a touchstone off Amazon for about $3.50 just incase it works but I can't find anywhere that says that Palm used the Qi charging technology so it may not even work. Oh well at least I have one to play around with.

I didn't see anything official from Palm talking about qi, but several spots from Google claim it is like this one. So let's hope it works right off the bat.

http://www.wirelesspowerplanet.com/n...ireless-power/[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by frigidazzi; 30th October 2012 at 10:13 AM.
30th October 2012, 10:15 AM |#25  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 421

More
There's a pic of the orb on engadget where it appears that there is an IR-like window on the rear. Now, it could be that you could control this with an IR remote while connected to an HDTV for instance, but I'm only speculating.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....4handson15.jpg
Last edited by floepie; 30th October 2012 at 10:18 AM.
30th October 2012, 10:51 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie

There's a pic of the orb on engadget where it appears that there is an IR-like window on the rear. Now, it could be that you could control this with an IR remote while connected to an HDTV for instance, but I'm only speculating.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....4handson15.jpg

That's the micro USB port that you need to connect to power it.
30th October 2012, 11:37 AM |#27  
Flag Exeter UK
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I still think they are missing a trick with the design (nice as it is).
I want a wireless charging fruit bowl. I want to get home and chuck my phone, mp3 player, tv remote, cameraetc into a big bucket and have them all charging.

I'll still be getting a couple mind you. To think last week I was going to buy a galaxy nexus for 299...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 01:21 PM |#28  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 106

Donate to Me
More
I might buy one if it is under 30 and I have some spare cash. Its not really that important to me anyway.
30th October 2012, 01:34 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Whatever they ask for it, I'll pay it. I was all ready to stick it out with my Galaxy Nexus until I saw the Nexus 4's screen and wireless charging orb. Brings back memories of my Palm Pre 2, I'm all in
30th October 2012, 02:08 PM |#30  
Flag Grays
Thanks Meter: 1,080

More
Really want to know a price! Would pay up to 50 for it but I'm hoping it's cheaper.

Because I'm a Nexus b!tch and I like to run the latest source and binaries!!
30th October 2012, 04:23 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larac

I still think they are missing a trick with the design (nice as it is).
I want a wireless charging fruit bowl. I want to get home and chuck my phone, mp3 player, tv remote, cameraetc into a big bucket and have them all charging.

I'll still be getting a couple mind you. To think last week I was going to buy a galaxy nexus for 299...

I'd prefer something flat, so I can just put it down, without having to think about having it at an angle. But I'll probably get one regardless.

And yep. I was going to get an S3 until yesterday. Glad it was revealed when it was.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread