FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Wireless charging Orb

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mr2324jgf, Guest on 29th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th October 2012, 04:00 AM |#21  
daddymatt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warner Robins, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 240
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigidazzi

I just bought 2 of the touchstone pads for 5 bucks each off eBay just in case they do work for it. Even if they're slower than the nexus versions at least I have backups

I did the same thing... when it gets released and IF the price of the orb is more than $20.. the palms will go up.. I went ahead and scored 2.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
 
 
30th October 2012, 05:07 AM |#22  
K Rich's Avatar
Senior Member
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 293
 
More
Touchstone is also available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Touchston...rds=touchstone
30th October 2012, 08:14 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I bought a touchstone off Amazon for about $3.50 just incase it works but I can't find anywhere that says that Palm used the Qi charging technology so it may not even work. Oh well at least I have one to play around with.
30th October 2012, 09:16 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCreazy

I bought a touchstone off Amazon for about $3.50 just incase it works but I can't find anywhere that says that Palm used the Qi charging technology so it may not even work. Oh well at least I have one to play around with.

I didn't see anything official from Palm talking about qi, but several spots from Google claim it is like this one. So let's hope it works right off the bat.

http://www.wirelesspowerplanet.com/n...ireless-power/[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by frigidazzi; 30th October 2012 at 10:13 AM.
30th October 2012, 10:15 AM |#25  
floepie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 421
 
More
There's a pic of the orb on engadget where it appears that there is an IR-like window on the rear. Now, it could be that you could control this with an IR remote while connected to an HDTV for instance, but I'm only speculating.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....4handson15.jpg
Last edited by floepie; 30th October 2012 at 10:18 AM.
30th October 2012, 10:51 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie

There's a pic of the orb on engadget where it appears that there is an IR-like window on the rear. Now, it could be that you could control this with an IR remote while connected to an HDTV for instance, but I'm only speculating.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....4handson15.jpg

That's the micro USB port that you need to connect to power it.
30th October 2012, 11:37 AM |#27  
Larac's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Exeter UK
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I still think they are missing a trick with the design (nice as it is).
I want a wireless charging fruit bowl. I want to get home and chuck my phone, mp3 player, tv remote, cameraetc into a big bucket and have them all charging.

I'll still be getting a couple mind you. To think last week I was going to buy a galaxy nexus for 299...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2012, 01:21 PM |#28  
raze599's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
I might buy one if it is under 30 and I have some spare cash. Its not really that important to me anyway.
30th October 2012, 01:34 PM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Whatever they ask for it, I'll pay it. I was all ready to stick it out with my Galaxy Nexus until I saw the Nexus 4's screen and wireless charging orb. Brings back memories of my Palm Pre 2, I'm all in
30th October 2012, 02:08 PM |#30  
benrees21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grays
Thanks Meter: 1,080
 
More
Really want to know a price! Would pay up to 50 for it but I'm hoping it's cheaper.

Because I'm a Nexus b!tch and I like to run the latest source and binaries!!
30th October 2012, 04:23 PM |#31  
MizuhoChan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larac

I still think they are missing a trick with the design (nice as it is).
I want a wireless charging fruit bowl. I want to get home and chuck my phone, mp3 player, tv remote, cameraetc into a big bucket and have them all charging.

I'll still be getting a couple mind you. To think last week I was going to buy a galaxy nexus for 299...

I'd prefer something flat, so I can just put it down, without having to think about having it at an angle. But I'll probably get one regardless.

And yep. I was going to get an S3 until yesterday. Glad it was revealed when it was.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes