Post Reply

Wireless charging Orb

OP mr2324jgf

16th February 2013, 07:08 PM   |  #1211  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
The realest thing im worrying about with this orb is how I'm going to remove the dust from it cause it already has a few specks from 1 day and i couldn't get them off cause of the rubber on it . . and even in the lil manual it says if there's too much dust it's possible for the phone to slide off but it doesn't say how you take the dust off ! !
16th February 2013, 07:39 PM   |  #1212  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 70
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Re: Wireless charging Orb
Those that used the orb can you guys check better battery stats after allowing it be on standby for awhile? Mine after 5 hrs standby, 11 min screen on, have 0 min of deep sleep, phone awake for 5 hrs, with a kernel wakelock power manager service.wirelesschargerdetector for 5 hrs. So my phone was awake the whole time even though it was off the orb and screen off.

Any of you have the same thing?
16th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #1213  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecicle

The realest thing im worrying about with this orb is how I'm going to remove the dust from it cause it already has a few specks from 1 day and i couldn't get them off cause of the rubber on it . . and even in the lil manual it says if there's too much dust it's possible for the phone to slide off but it doesn't say how you take the dust off ! !

I would think a microfiber cloth should do the trick but I can't say for sure. I just ordered mine yesterday.
16th February 2013, 07:57 PM   |  #1214  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lover1

Those that used the orb can you guys check better battery stats after allowing it be on standby for awhile? Mine after 5 hrs standby, 11 min screen on, have 0 min of deep sleep, phone awake for 5 hrs, with a kernel wakelock power manager service.wirelesschargerdetector for 5 hrs. So my phone was awake the whole time even though it was off the orb and screen off.

Any of you have the same thing?

I don't have an orb yet but I've been using the lg wireless charger for months now. I just saw this same bug, over 12 hours of wirelesschargerdetector wakelock after taking my phone off the charger last night and having it on standby overnight.

I had never seen this until I updated to 4.2.2 so yay... New wakelock bug? These are starting to get ridiculous.
16th February 2013, 08:04 PM   |  #1215  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Re: Wireless charging Orb
Here is my review with videos and pictures.


http://theultralinx.com/2013/02/goog...er-review.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gissentml For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 08:07 PM   |  #1216  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 70
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Re: Wireless charging Orb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancus

I don't have an orb yet but I've been using the lg wireless charger for months now. I just saw this same bug, over 12 hours of wirelesschargerdetector wakelock after taking my phone off the charger last night and having it on standby overnight.

I had never seen this until I updated to 4.2.2 so yay... New wakelock bug? These are starting to get ridiculous.

OK so it's not just me. I was noticing the battery draining faster than normal with no use, then imagine my surprise when I see the phone not deep sleeping at all!
16th February 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #1217  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan_mc

I thought the orb is just a magnet and there is no need to plug it in the outlet and based on induced magnetic field, it can charge the phone. So 60 $ only for no plugging the cable ? Is it really worth it ?

you thought this orb would just generate power out of thin air?
The Following User Says Thank You to aznminivan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #1218  
A2Eric's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 23
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simer03

Did your phone feel like it was burning when you woke up?

Sent from my Google Nexus 4

No but it wasn't charging when I checked it earlier (only at 50% from 26%) so I adjusted it and went back to sleep. A few hours later it was fully charged and not burning or even hot.
16th February 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #1219  
mark manning's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 3,275
 
5,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Wireless charging Orb
Anybody ever figure out what app they use for the picture of the phone on the orb in the play store?

Sent from my Nexus
16th February 2013, 08:36 PM   |  #1220  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning

Anybody ever figure out what app they use for the picture of the phone on the orb in the play store?

Sent from my Nexus

what? It's just google now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes