Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Charging Problem

Tip us?

DTHayakawa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Wireless Charging Problem

I bought a generic QI charger at DX and it worked well... once. The next day the phone was not recognizing the charger.
I really think that's a software issue because I tried a hard reset by flashing the original 4.4.2 stock rom image. it worked once and it stopped again. Then, I tried flashing stock again but it didn't work. Also, the charger seems to recognize that there is a device with wireless charging capacities but it turns off after 2 seconds.
Is there an activity or something that makes the system recognize the charger and start in fact charging? I searched a little bit but I can't find someone with the same issue

BigCrisco39
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Have you moved the phone around on the charger? I have found out that the phone qi receiver is low on the phone and the transmitter is usually in the middle of the charger. That will give you the on/off back and forth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

DTHayakawa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrisco39 View Post
Have you moved the phone around on the charger? I have found out that the phone qi receiver is low on the phone and the transmitter is usually in the middle of the charger. That will give you the on/off back and forth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Yes. I also searched the exact spot where the coil is located, it can't be. also, the charger recognizes de device

republicano
Old
(Last edited by republicano; 29th March 2014 at 03:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 161
i had the same issue, it would detect then it would lose its connection, it comes down the the quality of charger, the magnetic pull is weak so it may drop after a few seconds, i ended up getting a better one,i dont exactly know why it droped even when the phone has not moved,

is your charger a small disc or a flat rectangle larger than the phone?
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

DTHayakawa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by republicano View Post
i had the same issue, it would detect then it would lose its connection, it comes down the the quality of charger, the magnetic pull is weak so it may drop after a few seconds, i ended up getting a better one,i dont exactly know why it droped even when the phone has not moved,

is your charger a small disc or a flat rectangle larger than the phone?
yeah, could be. I don't know, it's just weird that it worked once. It's a flat rectangle.

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHayakawa View Post
yeah, could be. I don't know, it's just weird that it worked once. It's a flat rectangle.

I noticed it has to be on perfectly, I have a small one and I'm noticing its difficult to get it to charge, it seems to tickle 90% of the time I'm thinking of opening it and do a few tests,

On mine it states, if the power is irregular the charger will disconnect and stop, intermittent etc, the light will display that, if the charger is not strong enough then It can do that aswell.

My qi is 1500mah output while my charger is 1200mah and its efficiency is 75%, so at 900mah its still fine for the nexus, I will test with a 2amp charger and hope it dosnt just make it hotter

Its anoying that this has not be a substitute to connecting it directly.
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013

wperez2
Old
Thanks Meter 9

This is how mine is positioned. The SIM card slot on the side is aligned with the charger coil on the phone, so you can use it as reference. Also make sure you're using a charger with not less than 2000 mA. Also try a different phone to test the charger if you can, just to rule out your phone as the problem. Good luck

andynx1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by republicano View Post
I have a small one
Too much information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app