XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases that work with wireless charging

Tip us?

jcicora
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Cases that work with wireless charging

Aside from the bumpers, are there any more protective cases that will work with the wireless charging orb? My N4 is "estimated" to ship on 3/1 and I'd like to have something to protect it when it gets here.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jcicora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Default Re: Cases that work with wireless charging

Ringke fusion, ringke slim so far. Haven't tested my others.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to rxnelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Sv: Cases that work with wireless charging

Kay's Case and Diztronic TPU both worked with my Orb and the Nexus 4

Skickat från min Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q.Entity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Default Re: Cases that work with wireless charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.Entity View Post
Kay's Case and Diztronic TPU both worked with my Orb and the Nexus 4

Skickat från min Nexus 4
Hmmmm.. Just now my diztronic seemed to slide down a little. S line worked better. My buddy says poetic bumper in unusable. He said it slides down in seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to rxnelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rdelfin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
It has been reported that the Ballistic case for the Nexus 4 also works with the orb... (can't tell you by my own experience as my orbs are on their way as of this reply)

minnemike
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Cases I have: Nillikin, Poetic bumper and atmosphere (although some have had issues with the bumper), Rearth fusion, and a 2 layer otterbox knock off I bought off ebay (this one surprised me as the phone sits almost a 1/4" away from the orb surface).

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 951
Poetic palette, diztronic tpu and ultra thin, and cruzerlite case (I have the XDA case)
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

suicidalintentions
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default i was worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnelson View Post
Hmmmm.. Just now my diztronic seemed to slide down a little. S line worked better. My buddy says poetic bumper in unusable. He said it slides down in seconds.

i was worried about that and now its confirmed that it does slide. Why would they make a tilted wireless charger? makes no sense to me.
It all started with the G1,
The Following User Says Thank You to suicidalintentions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neotekz
Old
(Last edited by neotekz; 18th February 2013 at 04:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
It has been reported that the Ballistic case for the Nexus 4 also works with the orb... (can't tell you by my own experience as my orbs are on their way as of this reply)
if the ballistic case works and it is one of the thicker cases available for the nexus 4 so it's probably a safe bet that most cases will work with QI chargers. I think only those 3 layer heavy duty cases or the Seidio with it's kickstand might be a problem for wireless charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidalintentions View Post
i was worried about that and now its confirmed that it does slide. Why would they make a tilted wireless charger? makes no sense to me.
so you can see the screen, it's not just a charger but dock too. it was designed for the back of the nexus 4 not a case

bg1906
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Ionic