5,604,122 Members 49,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Display TV's (UK)

Tip us?
 
jmcgraw
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins View Post
Do you think its worth getting a ptv3000 instead? That way I can get a cheaper tv?
I don't know. If you already had a tv you were happy with otherwise then sure, the ptv is a reasonable addition.

If you find a great deal on a cheaper/nonsmart tv then it would be a good alternative as well, but if you're only going to be saving 20 to 30 I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Have you considered a slimport adaper or a chromecast?
 
ermacwins
Old
#12  
ermacwins's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 653
Posts: 3,748
Join Date: Aug 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgraw View Post
I don't know. If you already had a tv you were happy with otherwise then sure, the ptv is a reasonable addition.

If you find a great deal on a cheaper/nonsmart tv then it would be a good alternative as well, but if you're only going to be saving 20 to 30 I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Have you considered a slimport adaper or a chromecast?
Slimport is wired right? And the chromecast can't mirror everything can it like all apps, games and videos
LG Nexus 4: AOSPAL 4.0 [BETA6] 20140222
Samsung Galaxy SII: AOSP NeatROM v2.8
LG G PAD 8.3: Paranoid Android 4.1 Beta 2
iPad 2


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post44803298
 
badboy47
Old
#13  
badboy47's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 683
Posts: 1,197
Join Date: Nov 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins View Post
Slimport is wired right? And the chromecast can't mirror everything can it like all apps, games and videos
Sadly not. Its very very limited. Before I was able to play my offline music on tv but Google decided to block that feature with an update . Only plays music purchased from Google music.

The YouTube updates made it worst. I connect it to my Tv; play one video. All going well. But if my Nexus 4 screen goes to sleep it stops working. If I want play next video; I have to reconnect it to my TV.

Oh and after switching my router security to wpa2; chromecast cannot be detected anymore. I searched online and it's not only me. Now, It's just sitting on my computer table collecting dust.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to badboy47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bladebuddy
Old
#14  
bladebuddy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 216
Join Date: Dec 2011
Slimport is wired yes and plays/shows everything on the screen as long as the screen is on.
Mirrorcast and chromecast both rely on wifi.
Tried both and personally prefer slimport its dam cooool.
Games are hard to play thought as you need sometimes to look at the phone to hit the buttons e.t.c which means you're not concentrating on the T.V.
If you get one of them game controllers you should be o.k.
It would need to be a Bluetooth one or one that doesn't connect to the micro USB out socket as you need that for the slimport.
Sorry I no nothing about controllers as I have never used one.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.
 
ermacwins
Old
#15  
ermacwins's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 653
Posts: 3,748
Join Date: Aug 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebuddy View Post
Slimport is wired yes and plays/shows everything on the screen as long as the screen is on.
Mirrorcast and chromecast both rely on wifi.
Tried both and personally prefer slimport its dam cooool.
Games are hard to play thought as you need sometimes to look at the phone to hit the buttons e.t.c which means you're not concentrating on the T.V.
If you get one of them game controllers you should be o.k.
It would need to be a Bluetooth one or one that doesn't connect to the micro USB out socket as you need that for the slimport.
Sorry I no nothing about controllers as I have never used one.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.
I actually have my PS3 working with my phone via the sixaxis app and works perfectly.
LG Nexus 4: AOSPAL 4.0 [BETA6] 20140222
Samsung Galaxy SII: AOSP NeatROM v2.8
LG G PAD 8.3: Paranoid Android 4.1 Beta 2
iPad 2


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post44803298
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes