is it worth buying a nexus 4 now

Search This thread

jock11

Mar 16, 2012
Hi all,
1st post in this forum, I have a samsung s3 and am forever flashing custom roms, have a chance of getting
a nexus 4 cheap-ish and will have to get rid of my s3 to pay for it. But have a couple of questions.
1 - Will i notice a big difference in speed, battery use and camera?
2. Is it easy to root and install custom roms?
I quite often flash cm/aosp roms on my s3, and although they have come a long way, still have the odd problem because of
samsung closed sources, have flashed ported kitkat 4.4 roms and they are a big improvement but still???
At the moment running Liquidsmooth aosp and its then best ive tried but still get the odd stutter on my 1gb ram based S3.
So anybody got any advice should i go for it?
cheers

fahadsul3man

Oct 11, 2012
Hi all,
1st post in this forum, I have a samsung s3 and am forever flashing custom roms, have a chance of getting
a nexus 4 cheap-ish and will have to get rid of my s3 to pay for it. But have a couple of questions.
I quite often flash cm/aosp roms on my s3, and although they have come a long way, still have the odd problem because of
samsung closed sources, have flashed ported kitkat 4.4 roms and they are a big improvement but still???
At the moment running Liquidsmooth aosp and its then best ive tried but still get the odd stutter on my 1gb ram based S3.
cheers

1. speed yes 2 gb ram on nexus 4 does better at multi tasking , battery A BIG NO , camera wise s3 is better
2.yes takes less than 5 min
display , n4 has **** washed out screen colours on default kernel , if you use hells doctor kernel it will look noticeable better

Reactions: jock11

Vn4

Sep 17, 2013
Hi all,
cheers
Speed -Yes, Battery - maybe, Camera - No
Yes, its very easy.
With android 5 assured, you should go for the Nexus 4. ;)

faboloco

Oct 23, 2014
Hi all,
cheers

You can get the N5 for around 200 bucks on ebay. I'm using both(N4 and N5) and I can totally recommend the N5 for Android enthusiastics. But the N4 is fine too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    cheers

1. speed yes 2 gb ram on nexus 4 does better at multi tasking , battery A BIG NO , camera wise s3 is better
    2.yes takes less than 5 min
    display , n4 has **** washed out screen colours on default kernel , if you use hells doctor kernel it will look noticeable better