[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies Nexus 4 (Mako)

Search This thread

cb474

Oct 25, 2010
Heads up, but LTE broke in CM13-20160105 for me. Baseband still looks like correct radio (ends in .33), APN set correctly, as well as "Preferred Network Type". However, "Testing > Phone Info" will not let me switch to LTE. The option is there, but selecting any of the LTE options does nothing at all. No change, no radio cycle, nothing. It has been working in every nightly since the 12.1/13 switchover so far.

EDIT: Turns out I needed to re-edit build.prop. I have never manually edited build.prop, and usually rely on an all-in-one LTE script (which is currently not working with MM).

I went in, deleted LteOnCdmaDevice, and replaced with
Code:
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

Went back to *#*#4636#*#* and swapped over to LTE/CDMA, and all is well. *wipes brow* Glad it was something simple.

This solution isn't working for me on the latest nightly. Are people still able to use LTE with the latest nightlies?

rinigus

Nov 15, 2015
Dear CM devs,

is there any chance that you would update an official CM12.1 snapshot to YOG7D? We are using CM12.1 as a base for Sailfish and the current hybris12.1 (the adaptation layer) is using YOG7D for several devices. I have seen advantages of using YOG7D when I compiled CM myself. To simplify the development, it would be great to get YOG7D for Nexus 4 distributed via official channel. Is there any chance of getting it at http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=snapshot&device=mako ?

cheers,

rinigus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maxresdefault.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    2. Download the zip(s).
    3. Install a compatible Recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

CyanogenMod 12.1-x.x Changelogs

Downloads:
    Official CM12.1 Nightlies are here
    Official GAPPS for Android 5.1 here
    Alternative GAPPS: 1 here
    Alternative GAPPS: 2 here
    Note: These alternate GAPPs are very basic & will give you only Google app & Google Play Store. Rest of the apps can be downloaded directly from the Play Store as per your need after signing in to the Google. If calender syncing is not working so there is an additional script for that, just flash it & voila it will start working.

Bugreport: On nightlies, you don't have to report bugs here, if you wish to, you can do that here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy.

PS: I didn't built that rom, I don't even know if I can do that here, otherwise I will close this thread again. Please tell me that! Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 Nexus 4 Mako, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    abhishekjain.ims
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nexus 4, Custom Recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-18

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-20
    hi guys, i know this was not very up to date changelog
    but this is maybe usefull for some one to know how new feature in action :)
    plz give thumbsup if you like it ;)
    Can someone tell me what I did wrong?
    Flashed F2FS compatible TWRP.
    Flashed Latest Nightly and Quanta v6.
    Reboot back to recover, changed cache and data format to F2FS from EXT4.
    Stuck on boot loop =(]

Does me changing the data and cache reset my kernel back to the stock kernel in the CM12.1 nightly?
    I am not sure why I have teh boot loop.

Here are my steps (clean install):
    >>>backup the important data first<<<
    So:
    1. download the latest cm 12.1 nightly
    2. download Gapps from here if you want: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps
    3. download twrp from here (second link from "1. Main downloads) : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46223393&postcount=2
    4. download "Quanta-v6-CM" (it's what I used and it's probably the best kernel at the moment): http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/kernel-sabermod-franco-kernel-r211-t2858561

Now the real deal (actualy pretty easy)
    5. connect your device to your PC/laptop (keep it plugged in) and flash the twrp you just downloaded from the link above, with fastboot or however you want.
    6. boot into recovery (*the new and fresh multirom twrp you just flashed)
    7. go to "Advanced wipe" and wipe everything with "wipe data"
    8. reboot recovery again
    9. go to "Advanced wipe" again, and mark "Data", press on "Repair or Change File System" > "Change File System" and choose F2FS
    10. go back to the main "Advanced wipe" menu and do the same thing to the "Cache" partition.
    11. reboot recovery again
    12. go to "Mount" and press on "Disable MTP" then press on "Enable MTP". Now the Internal storage will appear on your PC
    13. copy the ROM, Gapps, SuperSU and kernel to your phone
    14. Flash them all in the order you see above.
    15. Wipe Cache/Dalvik cache (just in case) and reboot to system.

This is exactly what I did and it worked just fine.
    FYI, just flashed the 0513 build and the system ui crashes constantly. You may want to avoid today's build.