[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
@moles,

is it worth out of your point of view, to think about any relation between Daydream and Halo?

This raw idea I had, because im driving often with screen allways on if connected to mains.

regards

and many, many thanx for this great ROM and the great and fast development of this...

bitstra

Allosaur

Nov 8, 2006
Aberdeen
If you want the screen on when on ac power then use tasker. It recognises the power being connected (or any other events you specify) and does whatever you want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

memetcan88

Mar 10, 2013
Istanbul
This halo feature is great, i dont experience any problems like battery drain or something, but i have a suggestion.
I make so much phone calls and if i answer the phone call using halo the in call, screen becomes in halo mode and it is very useful for me since i hold people to answer another call or looking to my mail to say something from it or answer a whatsapp message during the call. If i answer the phone call with halo after a reboot, every other phone call after it comes in halo mode. The problem is when the phone rings it is like a message notification and the screen is off. If i use my phone in all silent mode(no sound, no vibration) in a meeting on the table i can't see that i get a call. Can it be created an exception for phone calls that screen turns on.
Thanks for this great work, it is a whole another nexus 4 experience with halo.
Sorry for my bad English. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

massimo69

Jul 2, 2012
Zadar
Hi all, new here.. got my N4 a week ago, rooted and installed this rom on the 5th.
I have to say it is quite difficult to understand whats going on here with all those dumb posts around.

In any case no issues whatsoever running franco 134.
battery life well self explanatory really.

In any case good work PA team :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-17-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-17-22.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 659
  • Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-17-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-17-44.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 663
  • Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-18-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-18-02.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 650

dj_jokke

Jan 27, 2010
Malmö
When reading at least 50 new pages A DAY in this thread, watching the same stupid, aggravating, too-lazy-to-look-it-up-myself-questions being asked over and over again, it's pretty clear that it was a bad idea to release an ALPHA to the general public. You would think that people on XDA would have that kind of knowledge and understanding, but that's clearly not the case.

End of rant.

Btw, Moles and the rest of the crew, I can't thank you enough for this awesome ROM, it's by far the best out there. Thanks!

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus⁴

tacotino

Mar 21, 2011
PA team keep up the great work!! Forget all these ppl that can't figure out how to fix there own problems. I love the ROM.

For all the ppl about to go off and say I'm not a dev how can I fix it?, Well just down flash. Boom fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

desarenezitic

Sep 5, 2012
Derby
When reading at least 50 new pages A DAY in this thread, watching the same stupid, aggravating, too-lazy-to-look-it-up-myself-questions being asked over and over again, it's pretty clear that it was a bad idea to release an ALPHA to the general public. You would think that people on XDA would have that kind of knowledge and understanding, but that's clearly not the case.

End of rant.

Btw, Moles and the rest of the crew, I can't thank you enough for this awesome ROM, it's by far the best out there. Thanks!

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus⁴
I'm confused; you're saying PA Team were wrong (I infer stupid from your post) to release a Public Alpha for Halo but then congratulate the same Team for making an awesome ROM? :eek:

N

netw0rx

I'm confused; you're saying PA Team were wrong (I infer stupid from your post) to release a Public Alpha for Halo but then congratulate the same Team for making an awesome ROM? :eek:

You have some serious reading/understanding issues.

Sidenote: This is far away from being a dev thread....

He is referring to stupid posts which makes like 90% of this thread...
Including this post as well.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hospital349

Apr 3, 2012
New Pork City

End of rant.

With great innovation, comes popularity. With popularity, comes stupidity. Reading your post reminds me of THIS. There's nothing more ridiculous than ignorant buffoons that aren't willing to research/study to gain knowledge and always rely on others around them to better their devices.

The level of moderation in the XDA threads isn't really up to scratch these days. I wish they would clamp down a little more on the non-constructive posts. This is a development thread, after all. I hate how I'm forced to not visit my favourite threads, just to avoid reading sh*tty posts.

Last edited:

desarenezitic

Sep 5, 2012
Derby
You have some serious reading/understanding issues.

Sidenote: This is far away from being a dev thread....

He is referring to stupid posts which makes like 90% of this thread...
Including this post as well.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
Seeing as we're just posting crap then (like 90% of other people in here) take some time to enlighten me; who were the people at XDA that released the public alpha and were in the wrong?

kash1786

Jun 21, 2012
Not sure if anybody else has noted ( sorry if they have).

I wasn't able to install downloaded apk's since flashing the alpha yday, the install button wasn't greyed out but was clicking. Turned off halo and it worked.

Running alpha with Franco.

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Not sure if anybody else has noted ( sorry if they have).

I wasn't able to install downloaded apk's since flashing the alpha yday, the install button wasn't greyed out but was clicking. Turned off halo and it worked.

Running alpha with Franco.

stop Halo by moving the Bubble onto the X - And then you can side-install any app as you know it...
(but was described many times her in the thread)

bitstra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid_4.42.jpg

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

BUG TRACKER - https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS MAY BREAK ROOT, SIMPLY RE-FLASH ROM

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Links:
    Development:
    Bug Tracker
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    molesarecoming, BigBrother1984, Anu6is, D4rKn3sSyS
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.4.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25
    Current Beta Version: 4.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-01

Created 2013-08-10
    Last Updated 2014-07-22

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

:::...::...::.:.:....:::::::..
    im releasing a small revision update in a couple of minutes - just to keep the dependencies up to date. pie2 is a ***** to get right but its taking form. im working on this locally so as to not split it up into a million commits again - its easier for other roms to pick up then. i used a couple of days to experiemnt with displaying statusinfos like clock and notifications while pie is not shown but i always end up with something that either doesntlook right or it downright gets in the way of something.
    the solution will be a new UI that we're building from the groundup, its called pie-strip. basically a very thin statusbar kind of thing that has pie activated by default. it displays clock, notifications, statusicons plus a ticker. it'll be just a few pixels wide. you'll be able to get to that UI via hybrid engine, systemUI will have a layout container for that, 2000p perhaps. the other UI's stay as they are, pie will also be usable in extended desktop mode of course. the 0% thing will probably go.
    i can't say exactly how long but trust me i wanna get this out as fast as possible, its just a huge chunk of code right now.
    nexus-4-flatsqqsd9.png

i made a new build for today, looked like the one that was made when i was on vacation had audio trouble? i tested this one and it seems fine.
    we'll also add maps to the gappspackage later.

its a bit quiet right now but we're basically planing our next move. the idea is to make a massive change in our lineup and the way we handle this rom. basically we'll devide the workload into categories: tools, core, optimization, gapps, kang and relations. 4.3 or whatever comes out will probably be the beginning of a new kind of PA, it'll split into a lean/slim version and others will supply a more feature-packed variant.

tools: we plan to fork our own tools for flashing, hoping that we can make flashing roms into something that doesn't scare away beginners. there will be tools, custom recoveries (in holo and without 10 million bull**** options), guides and we will provide things that are needed on top like radios, etc. work on OTA is almost completed aswell, it features delta updates, flashing is done by a click.

core: jesus, aaron, yamil and i will concentrate on features. that means rebooting them all: hybrid, pac, halo, pie and everything we have done basically. they'll change visually and the goal is to kill every - remaining - bug. goal here is to produce a google android extension that will feel like android-next without compromising stability. some new ideas are floating around as well, in our heads that is.

the other categories are clear i guess.

biggest news is this, though:

the entire PA team will support current gen nexus devices. nothing else. that means designers, programmers, guys who do the optimizing, they all will get the same device. it will be fundamentally different from the usual approach where one guy gets to release a rom. we see it this way, if an entire family owns the same devices we really can create something awesome here, with dedication. as opposed to just releasing stuff broken or not to have a big device catalogue. not that we did that in the past, but legacy devices kind of got in the way and right now only jesus and I own the same device.

just a couple of scattered thoughts right now - we're discussing it day by day in our channels. in essence: we are tired of doing the rom-scene thing, we want a professional product.