Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 38,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from molesarecoming: Currently maintained by BigBrother1984/Anu6is

[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

Tip us?

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideeffects View Post
Seems more like an agenda to get followers on g+ rather than a valid reason.

If the changes are already typed out copy paste is only going to bore you for 2 seconds.

I find it boring searching for information that should be easily accessible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
i would suggest a bookmark of the g+ page and be done with it
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN

mrimage
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

Mole any chance you going to adding lock screen target?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

benjamin.j.goodwin
Old
(Last edited by benjamin.j.goodwin; 24th February 2013 at 12:49 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigeldg View Post
Quite frankly, nobody cares. He's put in a tonne of work for FREE and you're asking him to do some more? Pathetic, stop being lazy.
With this being a developer forum and this a development thread information with regards to its development should really be here rather than tab/page hopping to get the information you need. It also states in the ROM posting guidelines about having a changelog - whilst these are guidelines it wouldn't be suggested to put it in without reason.

Whilst I have no issue with browsing the net or apps to get the info as I am not a complete cretin I can understand some of the frustration - never did get this whole find this on G+ or our webpage/gerrit/github move it only encourages dumbarse questions and silly-needless posts (sort of like these posts )

If the time is taken to make a nice G+ post it would be no extra to just have it here.

Quote:
Pathetic, stop being lazy
^^ This wasn't needed, you'd made your point. You're an RC, play nice man

Anyway, back to proper conversation, this shouldn't take away from the awesome work that PA do. It's all opinion.
NEXUS 5 (RED)
BEERGANG BETA
ELEMENTALX

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benjamin.j.goodwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chochiwpg
Old
Thanks Meter 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimage View Post
Mole any chance you going to adding lock screen target?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Lock screen shortcuts are already implemented. Actually the way PA implemented them is the best of the bunch in my opinion. Instead of pressing the lock and dragging your finger to 1 or 5 sliders, you have the option of having as many shortcuts on your lockscreen as you want. They appear lined up in a row and whatever app you want to go to just click on it. A lot quicker if you ask me, just press power to turn phone on and click on app, done.
You Are Either Nexus Or Against Us

My Android File Host Profile
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=pr...17610006234125

SimpleAOSP Hammerhead Builds
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16341

alfik4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

If the changes are already typed out copy paste is only going to bore you for 2 seconds.

I am full heart with you... Changelog should be here on the first page.
Although the developer explanation I do not understand this approach to the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to alfik4ever For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shankermk
Old
(Last edited by Shankermk; 24th February 2013 at 12:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Hi i am still new to PARANOIDANDROID was wondering from where i could download the latest feb 24 update... After waiting forever in goo manager to download the update i got a bad check sum error twice :S Also the devhost in first page has the entire rom do i need to download in and flash the whole thing just to get an update ???

great colors b the way the difference is so very obvious .....

PedroBustamonte
Old
(Last edited by PedroBustamonte; 24th February 2013 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Default AW: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

Hi,

the prevent rotation function in PIE controls does not really work for me. I already did a full wipe but the PIE still rotates.

Just to be sure. When PIE is set to bottom in portrait and I'm switching to landscape, it should now be on the right, right?

EDIT: gravity option not working as well. It's on the bottom no matter what I set it to (everything on the 24th build)

typed on and sent from my nexus⁴ with both of my thumbs (and a middle finger)

sasho36
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Default Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankermk View Post
Hi i am still new to PARANOIDANDROID was wondering from where i could download the latest feb 24 update... After waiting forever in goo manager to download the update i got a bad check sum error twice :S Also the devhost in first page has the entire rom do i need to download in and flash the whole thing just to get an update ???

great colors b the way the difference is so very obvious .....
There is no Feb 24 update but a Feb 24 build, so you always have to flash the whole new build in order to update.

Send from my Nexus 4 with Taptalk
Nexus 5 32GB - Carbon - franco.Kernel

io53
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Default [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb24) | 4.2.2 JDQ39 GCC 4.7 O3 Krait

Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
what has tablet ui to do with it? you need gapps. since these are critical system files its best you take gapps that are guaranteed to work. thats why we make our own packages.
Goo.im is slow (5 min for gapps/rom), that's why I wanted to take the shortcut .
Anyway, got the pa gapps.

Antutu:
Stock rom with harsh kernel = 17000
PA with harsh kernel = 21600
With the same apps/settings. No tweaks or performance changes, everything on as I use it everyday. Happy user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 24th February 2013 at 01:47 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 27,386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

yeah. followers. its an evil scheme to increase a number on a social website. can you answer me what this number will do for me? say its 1000 and tomorrow its 100.000? will that have any effect on anything? i dont care about followers, but as i have explained before, for me it seems more personal, i can show what i've been working on, the others will do as well. this is something i can actually enjoy. writing dry logs i do not enjoy, so i wont do it, nor will i copy and paste.

as for things that should and should not be. i can tell you that this was meant to be a developer forum and this thread was meant to be frequented by developers who know how to read GIT. we both know thats not whats actually happening, but if we want to find a middle ground you have to make the small effort of getting your own informations. you can argue now that your presence here is reason enough to abolish xda's main premise and all should be turned into servitude on the developers side alone while the user is getting spoonfed without lifting a finger - but not in this thread.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to molesarecoming For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.2, 4.3, aospa, halo, paranoidandroid, pie, the best rom, the worst server