Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEVS ONLY] Nexus 4 camera recording v0.2 (AVC high profile & LEVEL 4) (60FPS)

Tip us?

meangreenie
Old
Thanks Meter 614
People have complained about the low mic volume while recording a lot on these forums. Didn't get fixed with 4.2.2, so I don't think it's your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to meangreenie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gd6noob
Old
Thanks Meter 129
will this work for 4.2.1 or only 4.2.2?
White Google Nexus 5 32GB - Rooted

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 858
I wish instead of making a full kernel some devs would just release the source to patch the existing kernels with the mod. We've got so many great kernels already that have got insane amounts of mods included....why not let them get their hands on this so we can use the great camera enhancement alongside, say, color calibration improvements, etc.

I really, truly mean no offense by saying this, but since this is a kernel with only the camera improvement I'm going to pass.....but I would love nothing more than to see this implemented in matr1x, trinity and franco!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdamUpNorth
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Default Re: Nexus 4 camera recording v0.1 (AVC high profile & LEVEL 4 achieved!) (60FPS tests

+1

Great idea.

Personally I only really want this camera mod and modules activated in my kernel. Do this idea would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Nexus 5 | Stock 4.4.3 | Unlocked | Rogers Network
Nexus 7 (2012) | Stock 4.4.2| Unlocked/Rooted
Samsung GS3 | CyanogenMod 10.2 | Rogers Network
Previous Phones: Xperia X10, Xperia Arc, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4
My Stickies: Nexus 4 Case Impressions (9 Cases) Updated June 7th, 2013

Shaky156
Old
(Last edited by Shaky156; 24th February 2013 at 10:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1910

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Nexus 4 camera recording v0.1 (AVC high profile & LEVEL 4 achieved!) (60FPS tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwyl View Post
Just a quick question, would fastboot boot boot.img replace my old kernel?
Running Franco kernel now, the power Hal is modified
It wouldnt replace/flash your current kernel it would temporarily boot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie View Post
People have complained about the low mic volume while recording a lot on these forums. Didn't get fixed with 4.2.2, so I don't think it's your phone.

Thanks ive been looking into that waiting for qualcomm to respond their 44.1/48khz audio is a joke i think its set to that due to a hardware problem but im changing it soon to test since they havent replied to my tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd6noob View Post
will this work for 4.2.1 or only 4.2.2?

Works on both 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 but its better to wait patiently for another test v0.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420 View Post
I wish instead of making a full kernel some devs would just release the source to patch the existing kernels with the mod. We've got so many great kernels already that have got insane amounts of mods included....why not let them get their hands on this so we can use the great camera enhancement alongside, say, color calibration improvements, etc.

I really, truly mean no offense by saying this, but since this is a kernel with only the camera improvement I'm going to pass.....but I would love nothing more than to see this implemented in matr1x, trinity and franco!!
I am in no way doing this to distribute a kernel with and make it better than others without releasing source, if you had read the thread you would actually understand that, this is a hack it isn't the right method ive done the right way before but its difficult without the internet as i need to pull aosp and build custom binarys, im looking into maybe switching it from kernel to binary modification something i have done in the past. This also hasnt been finished, once 60-90fps is achieved on 720p it can be implemented in all kernels.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1910

DONATE TO ME

Pretty excited for you all to test 60fps, will give it a little test first to see if v0.2 works

The Following User Says Thank You to Shaky156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tommmtom
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156 View Post
Pretty excited for you all to test 60fps, will give it a little test first to see if v0.2 works

Hope v0.2 works!!!!!

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1910

DONATE TO ME

Not working yet

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1910

DONATE TO ME

I can do 60fps but it might take a week

Shaky156
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1910

DONATE TO ME

Anyone know the Cmd to pull aosp cyanogemod jellybean for mako??

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe