XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][GPL][N4] franco.Kernel - r204

Tip us?

kin24173493
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie View Post
Go back to an earlier version of Franco's app and put the values in. Or wait to see if he gets a chance to update his values for the latest app version.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Probably no way to find the previous version. Have you got a backup

Joga5000
Old
(Last edited by Joga5000; 19th February 2013 at 12:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin24173493 View Post
How to restore visceral setting
I just restored them from a backup I made in Franco's app, but you can also use Arstoien's app which lets you directly set VisceralPsyche's settings (plus a few others like Halfbreed), though you have to manually do the RGB values to 175 yourself.

Edit: Also note that if you manually force Visceral's settings, the Franco app will crash at the gamma selection screen unless you reset them to default. Just something to be aware of.

Edit 2: Here is an updated version with full gamma/RGB control (though without the presets).
LG Nexus 4 - 8GB
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: franco.Kernel

TylerDurden1999
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][N4] franco.Kernel - r83

Franco thanks for listening my problem and added the hotplug settings on boot in 8.8. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerDurden1999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arstoien
Old
(Last edited by Arstoien; 19th February 2013 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 487
My observations with Display Tester on Obsanity, Kel Ghu and Visceralpsyche's (1st version, not currently compatible until properly matched to the new values) settings, all on brightness 50% and their respective recommended rgb values:

average:
Obsanity: 2.17
Kel Ghu: 2.3
Visceralpsyche: 1.99

detailed (Obsanity / Kel Ghu / Visceralpsyche):
2.4 / 2.6 / 2.2 grey
2.0 / 2.1 / 1.8 red
2.1 / 2.2 / 2.0 green
2.1 / 2.2 / 1.8 blue
2.3 / 2.4 / 2.2 yellow
2.3 / 2.4 / 2.1 cyan
2.2 / 2.2 / 1.8 magenta
little colour banding issues / slightly less banding / no banding issues

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joga5000 View Post
I just restored them from a backup I made in Franco's app, but you can also use this guy's little app which lets you directly set VisceralPsyche's settings (plus a few others like Halfbreed), though you have to manually do the RGB values to 175 yourself.
This is updated version including RGB settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post37989396
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arstoien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kel Ghu
Old
(Last edited by Kel Ghu; 19th February 2013 at 12:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien View Post
My observations with Display Tester on Obsanity, Kel Ghu and Visceralpsyche's (1st version, not currently compatible until properly matched to the new values) settings, all on brightness 50% and their respective recommended rgb values:
average:
Obsanity: 2.17
Kel Ghu: 2.3
Visceralpsyche: 1.99

detailed (Obsanity / Kel Ghu / Visceralpsyche):
2.4 / 2.6 / 2.2 – grey
2.0 / 2.1 / 1.8 – red
2.1 / 2.2 / 2.0 – green
2.1 / 2.2 / 1.8 – blue
2.3 / 2.4 / 2.2 – yellow
2.3 / 2.4 / 2.1 – cyan
2.2 / 2.2 / 1.8 – magenta

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

This is updated version including RGB settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post37989396
Thanks. It looks like you have the same screen as mine. But your screen responds differently to settings. I get 1.7 gamma for RGB with Obsanity's setting.

Screen count is still 3, but we have something new. Screen response to settings are also different (in-unit variation) it seems.

I only calibrate RGB gamma, because they are the pixels on our screens and the only relevant gamma. The other ones are not important in the sense that we have no control over them and yellow, cyan and magenta being the results of the mix of RGB 2 by 2. Do only the average of RGB if you have to do it.

Franco, do you plan on doing gamma for each color channel like Faux? I don't need it, but it looks like some people could use it.
LG Google Nexus 4

My XDA Heroes: hardcore, sztupy, raspdeep, supercurio, ChainFire, nikademus, xan, Richthofen, codeworkx (aery), coolya, Tayutama, lastufo, franciscofranco, faux123, ctfrommn, Morfic, synegye

Previous Phones: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus One, Galaxy S, Nexus S.

- Screen Type Nexus 4 thread (My N4 color settings are included there)
- [INFO] LG Nexus 4 Production Date and Place Identification

scandalousk
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Ghu View Post
That's bad news. Maybe it's just standard variation between units. But thanks, it is very informative. It seems you guys have the exact same screen. Some people have been reporting that my settings are too dark, but apparently it's because my screen is brighter than Obsanity's and VisceralPsyche's.
VisceralPsyche will probably give us new settings based on the new value limits.

The screen count so far is 3.
I'm guessing that I'm in the same boat as them. I'm getting similar values. Altho' some are close to 2.3. But most of them are around 2.4/2.6. This is with your and obsanity's settings.
I'm hoping someone will figure out the correct values for our type of screens
The Following User Says Thank You to scandalousk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scream4cheese
Old
(Last edited by scream4cheese; 19th February 2013 at 12:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian88 View Post
hi guys, should I decrease the Read Ahead Buffer Size in I/O Control from 2432 (default) to 2048, I remember in r72 its default is 2048 and actually I dont know exactly what it's and what it's for. In additional, whenever I check the CPU, just 2 cores in using, I dont know when I play game or running heavy apps, 2 others run or not? Thanks
If you don't know what it is do not mess with it. Leave it as it is. Franco changed it for a reason. You can download a app called "perfmon" from the play store to see if the CPU cores are running.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
My Devices

LG Nexus 4 8GB
Nokia Lumua 810 8GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB

wildbizzar
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco View Post
Not sure I understand your problem. Just backup the boot.img since you have my app, flash the new one, problem solved.
Hi Franco, does it mean I don't need to back up any kernel setting that I configured in your updater app before flashing newer kernel but still can preserve the previous setting?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

slimldj
Old
Thanks Meter 375

I noticed that on the new kernel app, the sliders are awesome but.

I can no longer set values beyond 255.
It also won't let me enter the value of "12". It slides to "23"

My previous gamma values were:

Grays 0
Mids 255
Blacks 255
Contrast 0
Brightness 0
Saturation 7
Whites 12

The new slider app won't let me enter these anymore as they were very awesome.
Is there a way to roll back to 8.7.1?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

ryanytchan
Old
Thanks Meter 16
so can anyone tell me what roms you guys are using? Is CM good for N4?

Tags
battery, franciscofranco, franco, kernel, mako, nexus, updater