5,599,977 Members 45,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][GPL][N4] franco.Kernel - r204

Tip us?

Silencer96
Old
Thanks Meter 60
R83 absolutely butchered my battery life. I lost 20% just from listening to music for 50 minute with the screen of the entire time. I switched back to the cm10.1 stock kernel and the drain stopped.

R82, on the other hand, was fantastic.

Previous Devices:
Optimus One (CM9) -> Samsung Captivate (CM10) -> Galaxy S II X (CM9) -> Optimus Net (CM9) -> XPeria Arc (CM10) -> Nexus 4 8GB (Paranoid 4.3) -> MyTouch 4G (CM10.2) -> Moto G (Stock)
Current Devices:
Phone: Huawei Y300 - Android 4.4 [CM11]
Tablet: HP TouchPad 16GB - Android 4.4 [CM11]

The BEST Dota 2 Forum With Free Dota 2 Cheats, Dota 2 hacks, and Dota 2 Hero Guides.

yokuyuki
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie View Post
Close to 2.2 for me too, 212K and rev 10. Grays a bit high, but others are close.

Sent from my Nexus 4
I didn't know there was a 212K and rev 10 screen. I thought 212K batch only had rev 11 screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hospital349 View Post
Hey Franco. Long time no speak.

I've finally caught up with the latest releases and I have to say that I love r83

You've been hard at it, obviously.

I have a query, that I've been running through various devs regarding HDMI and Slimport.

Basically, I have a Slimport connector which worked just fine with 4.2.1 and since 4.2.2, HDMI output doesn't work anymore. Upon connecting my device to my TV, my TV's screen turns blue and my device crashes. It loses all functionality and I have to do a hard reset to get it up and running again.

The phone crashes, so I'm unable to obtain a last_kmsg or any other kind of logs for that matter, but was wondering if you might look into the situation?

The same issue runs through PA Stock Kernel and Harsh, as well as Franco. I'm pretty certain those aren't the only 3 kernels either.

Did Google f*ck up? - As I said, 4.2.1 was working great. 4.2.2, nothing.

As always, many many many thanks!
Does it work on stock 4.2.2 kernel?
Phone: LG Nexus 5 | ROM: Rooted Stock | Kernel: Stock
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) | ROM: Rooted Stock | Kernel: Stock
Past Devices: HTC Nexus One | B&N Nook Color | Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 | LG Nexus 4 | Asus Nexus 7 (2012) | Microsoft Surface RT

scream4cheese
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Default Re: [KERNEL][GPL][N4] franco.Kernel - r83

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokuyuki View Post
I didn't know there was a 212K and rev 10 screen. I thought 212K batch only had rev 11 screens...

Does it work on stock 4.2.2 kernel?
He just said it doesn't work on 4.2.2. It doesn't matter if it's stock or a custom kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
My Devices

LG Nexus 4 8GB
Nokia Lumua 810 8GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB

mrfrag1337
Old
Thanks Meter 3
For me my goal is to calibrate the screen to a natural colors with photos and my iPad 3 as reference (18.gamma i think).

My values are this:

RGB (200 - 192 - 190)

Grays: 0
Mids: 5
Black: 87 (you can go up to 119 but in photos it saturate the shadows)
Contrast: 0
Brightness: 0
Saturation: 2 ( you can tweak it 0-3 and still looks natural)
Whites: 0 (important for not saturating too much the whites in photos)

yokuyuki
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream4cheese View Post
He just said it doesn't work on 4.2.2. It doesn't matter if it's stock or a custom kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Just helping narrowing down the problem. And it does work fine on 4.2.2. Others are using it just fine on 4.2.2.
Phone: LG Nexus 5 | ROM: Rooted Stock | Kernel: Stock
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) | ROM: Rooted Stock | Kernel: Stock
Past Devices: HTC Nexus One | B&N Nook Color | Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 | LG Nexus 4 | Asus Nexus 7 (2012) | Microsoft Surface RT

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 80919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospital349 View Post
Hey Franco. Long time no speak.

I've finally caught up with the latest releases and I have to say that I love r83

You've been hard at it, obviously.

I have a query, that I've been running through various devs regarding HDMI and Slimport.

Basically, I have a Slimport connector which worked just fine with 4.2.1 and since 4.2.2, HDMI output doesn't work anymore. Upon connecting my device to my TV, my TV's screen turns blue and my device crashes. It loses all functionality and I have to do a hard reset to get it up and running again.

The phone crashes, so I'm unable to obtain a last_kmsg or any other kind of logs for that matter, but was wondering if you might look into the situation?

The same issue runs through PA Stock Kernel and Harsh, as well as Franco. I'm pretty certain those aren't the only 3 kernels either.

Did Google f*ck up? - As I said, 4.2.1 was working great. 4.2.2, nothing.

As always, many many many thanks!
Its probably ****ed up from the changes they did on the video layer on the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca1102 View Post
@franciscofranco

Do you still intend to update the nexus 4 display control to offer the same color settings as the kernel updater ? If not i got to buy the updater and i would not need the display control anymore . I love your work , thanks again .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I intend to update it ASAP, just been really short on time. I need to update the Free app as well, but as you can see my free time has been limited.

FacesIn app
Per-App Modes app
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free app
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter | Portfolio

CruzerLite franco.Kernel case for the Nexus 4
CruzerLite franco.Kernel case for the Galaxy Nexus

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hexxer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
There is a guy in an german board hwho set the colors with the kernel-App to 0/0/0....now his screen ist dark

What does he have to do to reset these settings? Is it enough to reflash the kernel (i guess not).

kioshi
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxer View Post
There is a guy in an german board hwho set the colors with the kernel-App to 0/0/0....now his screen ist dark

What does he have to do to reset these settings? Is it enough to reflash the kernel (i guess not).
clear data on franco's app. Reboot. Profit and he wont be blind anymore.
リスクをとらないことがリスクです

Hexxer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
clear data on franco's app. Reboot. Profit and he wont be blind anymore.
How? He dosent see anything

i860
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer96 View Post
R83 absolutely butchered my battery life. I lost 20% just from listening to music for 50 minute with the screen of the entire time. I switched back to the cm10.1 stock kernel and the drain stopped.

R82, on the other hand, was fantastic.
Do you have CM10.1 18feb?

The Following User Says Thank You to i860 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery, franciscofranco, franco, kernel, mako, nexus, updater